VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a whole long ordeal, my car is back as it should be.... almost.
After replacing a wheel... some small suspension issues involving the removal of tires... I am now short 10 black lug caps for my Long Beaches. Went to the dealer today and picked up replacements. One question... how the hell do you install them? I push them in... turn them... nothing! Slide right back out. Are they glued in? If so, what should I use?
Also... at some point between work and home today, the VW center cap decided it no longer wished to stay attached to the wheel. Anyone know the part number for them or a place that I can pick one up? Dealer the best choice on this one? Thanks!

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
Re: Long Beach lug caps and center caps...How to attach and where to find? (synmoo)

Quote, originally posted by synmoo »
One question... how the hell do you install them? I push them in... turn them... nothing! Slide right back out. Are they glued in? If so, what should I use?
Just slide them over your lugs and leave them. Dont glue them on or else you'll have to buy new ones every time you rotate your tires.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I just slide them on, they don't stay put. I can pull it back out with my finger. The ones that are on the car already are mounted firm. What am I missing here?

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
Re: (synmoo)

Not sure, mine just slide on and kind of stay put. Are they falling off or can you just remove them by hand? If it is the latter I wouldnt worry.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Re: (NOVAdub)

Yeah, they just slide over the lug. Make sure you are not putting the lug cover from the wheel lock on a normal lug, that wont fit right.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The ones that are already on the car stay put and I cannot remove them with my fingers. The ones I picked up from the dealer slide on, and will likely fly off if I were to drive anywhere... is there more than one kind that look exactly the same on the outside but are different on the inside?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts