VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Save the date:
Planning a Mk7 meet up on Long Island at 10 AM.

124 Veterans Memorial Hwy, Commack, NY 11725

Get on the Sagtikos/Sunken Meadow Pkwy North from LIE/NSP
Get off at Harned Rd North, left on 454 /Vets

There's a Starbucks in Target, same shopping center or a Dunkin on corner of Harned and Vets

Casual cars and coffee type of GTG...

tentative attendees:
jonnyg
LIJetta1.8T
MiamiBourne
Blurum
mxrider9239
carchrism5
ERROL
Mybeardisnice

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Save the date:
Planning a Mk7 meet up on Long Island at 10 AM.
Location TBD
Some possibilities: Whitman or Broadway Mall, State Park: Sunken Meadow? Any suggestions for location?

Casual cars and coffee type of GTG...
I'm down and my calendar looks free that morning. Just added a reminder.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Just mk7 vw's? Parking garage at the old Source Mall is empty because the mall is out of business. Starbucks is right by there to grab your coffee.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Sunken Meadow is a good open location.

Also the parking lot in the former Sports Authority in Lake Grove on 347 across from Shake Shack.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually, that gives me a good idea. The old Sports Authority and King Kullen is now closed on 454 next to Sunken Meadow Pkwy in Commack. Same shopping center as Target. Easy access. Central LI location....

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think the Commack location should be good. Physical address is

124 Veterans Memorial Hwy, Commack, NY 11725

Get on the Sagtikos/Sunken Meadow Pkwy North from LIE/NSP
Get off at Harned Rd North, left on 454 /Vets

There's a Starbucks in Target, same shopping center as Meetup or a Dunkin on corner of Harned and Vets

·
Registered
3,859 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Done. Maybe you can add a list of the attendees to either this first post or the tristate first post (or both) so that people have an idea who's going. I know it's more work but maybe that will encourage more people to attend if they see a decent turnout is expected.

Can't wait.
sure!

anyone else interested??

·
Registered
697 Posts
I'm reporting in! I'm not as active as I used to be on the vortex but there's a lot of guys here who have helped me or assisted me in some way or form.

It's my birthday weekend so I am unsure if I'll be in the state but if I am available I will definitely try and attend. Mark me down as tentative here.

I'll bring my essentially stock 2015 lol.. with hopefully functioning A/C :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 204 Posts