1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. i've got no abs for some reason.
and I have two codes in my abs module.
one os the abs pump.
But the other is the longitudinal sensor.
I'm sorting the sensor first because it's easy.

But i'm wondering if the abs pump and sensor are connected somehow? Like maybe one is bad and the other is good, but they both throw a code if one is out??

I replaced the longitudinal sensor, but its code is still there and I still have no abs.
I checked the wiring and it looks like new.

My only guess is that I have a nonstock ecu. My car is 2001 225 tt amu non esp, and I have an ecu from a 2002 tt amu.
The ecu is running the 2001 map/bin file however. But perhaps there is something in the 2002 ecu that isn't working with the longitudinal sensor and/or abs pump????

Or maybe the abs pump is bad and that makes the longitudinal sensor not function?

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Recent swap? The vast majority of ABS problems on this forum are related to individual wheel problems (accumulation of metal shards on the sensor, spacing issues with respect to the ABS ring), or main ABS unit failure.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Recent swap? The vast majority of ABS problems on this forum are related to individual wheel problems (accumulation of metal shards on the sensor, spacing issues with respect to the ABS ring), or main ABS unit failure.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk
Hmm. Well I do have an abs pump code. But I wonder if a problem down the line would cause that code. Even if the abs pump itself is ok??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.