VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, So I've been on the Tex for quite sometime and just recently been trolling the Corrado forum. And that's because I was getting ready to pick up and my first C, and tonite I finally did!!! So excited to start wrenching on this thing. I've owned nothing but Volkswagens and Audi's and have always wanted a C. So I picked this one up for a pretty good deal, it's definetly a project but that is exactly what I was looking for. ;) So here's the bad news... It's a 91 G60 Automatic. :screwy: I know, I know but it's my first one and I picked it up local. It doesn't run right now I'm guessing it's gonna need to need a fuel pump but lucky for me I can do all my own wrenching. But as far as Corrado's go there a horse of a different color. Lol So I'm sure I'll be posting in the "ask the expert's" thread. So anyway here's a few pic's and comments are welcome and wanted. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
8,636 Posts
Welcome :thumbup:

What are your plans for it?

Take some proper pics so we can see its condition, but it looks like you have your hands full (G60 + Auto :facepalm:... :D) :laugh:

The engine appears to be completely standard/not messed with tho ;)

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! Yea I forsure have my hands full with the current setup but my plans are to first of all get it running. :thumbup: And down the road I would either like to replace the g60 with a turbo and a manual trans of course. Or swap in a VR6 and a 5 speed, I know real original huh. :cool: But I have a few VR swaps under my belt, a couple mk2's and b3 which was also a automatic 4cyl so I've done the pedal cluster and shift box swap and I feel comfortable doing it again. But call me crazy I've been purchasing some goodies for a car I didn't even own yet so I plan on just having some fun with it then when I have some extra cash I'll get a turbo kit or a VR donor car. But thanks for the kind welcome I'm stoked to learn a lot from you guys and I'll clean it up and take some decent pic's :thumbup::wave:

Oh and P.S. Everything does seem pretty original and not messed with except for the fact that some A-Holes broke into it and trashed a bunch of stuff while doing so and stole every speaker and the driver side front and rear door panels and the rear arm rest. :thumbdown::screwy: Hence my request in my sig. Damn kids. Lol Just had to vent... ;)

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like a nice start. What's the interior like?
Thanks. :thumbup: It's in pretty good shape and I really like the blue dot interior. I just need to replace the parts that were stolen and give it a good detail. I already purchased a black headliner for it and I also plan on swapping in a moonroof while I've got the headliner out. I also need a black parcel tray. ;) And also I'm sure I'll be putting some money in your pocket down the road since it seems like I'm on your site every other drooling over the parts that you make. :thumbup: I also follow your Facebook page and you have some very quality parts that I look forward to buying someday. :eek:

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Nice, looks like you'll have your hands full:thumbup: if you decide just to swap it over to manual and not the Vr swap then I have some things if you are interested from my ol g60 that I was gonna make 5speed as well. I have a shifter box and a manual tranny. The rest of my stuff was already parted out. Keep us posted we will b watching :popcorn:

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey thanks man, I will definitely keep that in mind. :thumbup:

So I tore into this thing yesterday to try and find the "fuel issue" that the po said was the reason the car wasn't running.. And sure enough I pulled the fuel pump and there was a few holes in the diaphragm. :facepalm::banghead::screwy: But luckily there's a guy in town that parts out C's and just happen to have a couple fuel pumps and I just got back from picking one up. Thank's Steve. ;) So I'm gonna go throw this new one in there and cross my fingers. I really do think this was the issue though because everything else seems to be in order. So wish me luck and I'll let you guys know the outcome. :cool::beer:

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm so stoked right now!!! I replaced the fuel pump and that was the problem. :) So she's alive, I'm so happy I can do all my own work. So now that it runs I gotta get the front bumper painted and installed, then I gotta piece together all the bumper lighting. :screwy: Should be fun. Then I'll try and get her legal and road worthy. Having so much fun with this thing so far. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Oh and P.S. Everything does seem pretty original and not messed with except for the fact that some A-Holes broke into it and trashed a bunch of stuff while doing so and stole every speaker and the driver side front and rear door panels and the rear arm rest. :thumbdown::screwy: Hence my request in my sig. Damn kids. Lol Just had to vent... ;)
Here is some blue dot interior for sale :thumbup::beer:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5070669-FS-Blue-Dot-Interior-Seats-Door-Rear-Side-Panels

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yesterday I installed my moon-roof I recently picked up for a great price. ;) It was a pretty straight forward job, everything bolts right in and I used my original motor. So now I actually have a extra b4 passat motor in awesome shape if someone needs one. I believe it's five prong?? But since I was gonna be swapping my headliner for a black one I picked up a while back I figured this was the best time to do this. So here's a few pics of just the moon-roof. I got the headliner in but still have to install all the pillars and such then I'll snap and upload more pics. Enjoy. DE :thumbup::beer:

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
:thumbup: looks so nice. I want to do this to mine this winter but I'm not sure if I'll have enough funds or time til next summer:( if I were you maybe you should keep that Xtra sunroof motor. You never know when your gonna need it. :beer:

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh yea I will be keeping the original piece, it will go into storage. ;) And yes you should definitely install one, it makes it a lot brighter. Especially with the black headliner I finally got installed today. I am so satisfied with how it turned out. I did find out I have a few broken and missing odds and ends I'll be replacing, but that's kinda how it goes. So here's a few pic's I took and I wanna apologize for all the iPhone pic's but that's all I have at the moment. :screwy: So until next time, talk to ya guys later. :wave:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Also a noob C owner in the 503

Hey there, as the title implies, I just got myself a Corrado about a week ago now. I haven't had the time or funds to do much with it but my plans are def extensive. Its a '90 G60, manual, red, with red dot interior, and I have prob put on over 200 miles in the last week and a half. I've always loved these since they came out when I was a teenager living in Germany (yes some would call me old). Mine has it's fair share of "bugs" to work out. This forum has been helpful with some already. Still can't figure out why my dash and instrument lights dont work. (long story). Hopefully I'll see you out there on the road some day and perhaps we can swap stories.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey there, as the title implies, I just got myself a Corrado about a week ago now. I haven't had the time or funds to do much with it but my plans are def extensive. Its a '90 G60, manual, red, with red dot interior, and I have prob put on over 200 miles in the last week and a half. I've always loved these since they came out when I was a teenager living in Germany (yes some would call me old). Mine has it's fair share of "bugs" to work out. This forum has been helpful with some already. Still can't figure out why my dash and instrument lights dont work. (long story). Hopefully I'll see you out there on the road some day and perhaps we can swap stories.
Thanks guys. :thumbup: ;) Sweet, another first time and local C owner. Have you tried replacing your headlight switch?? I know there kinda spendy as I'm in the same boat. But you can in the meantime use a late model (88-92) mk2 headlight switch, I know they don't match the rest but atleast it will get you by and you can see if that's your issue. But make sure it's a late model, otherwise it will turn everything on except the interior lights. I found this out personally. Hope this helps and yea I'm sure I'll see you out there since it seems I haven't seen another local C since I was thinking about picking this one up.... Again thanks for the kind word's and talk to you guys later. :peace:

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey, I just noticed that was your first post. :thumbup: Welcome!!! :wave::beer:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Keep up the awesome work! I can't wait to see how it turns out. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Keep up the awesome work! I can't wait to see how it turns out. :thumbup:
Thanks man!! :thumbup: Me too. ;)

So I sprayed my tails this weekend and let em dry overnight, and installed them today. I think they turned out awesome!! I used Krylon X-Metals, stuff goes on and coats great. I just spent a lot of time prepping them and it really paid off in the end. Here's a few pic's I snapped today.

And a little photo splash fun. ;)

Next I'm gonna prep and spray the front bumper and hopefully by then I'll have it registered and be able to drive it more than down the street and back. :screwy: Well until next time, talk to you guys later. Thanks for stopping by. :wave:

1 - 20 of 164 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.