VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I need to know everything you think I need to replace from this. Its a 1992 VR6. I know the light, hood, and fender need to be replaced. I live in SLC Utah and need parts fast. This is my friends user name and account but you can reach me at 801-673-4940 if you have any of these parts in perfect condition that you would like to sell. Not looking to spend that much though. help me out if you can. Thanks,
Craig

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Re: look what happend this weekend when the news van slid into the C... (YeloCorado)

If someone hit you, why are you worried about cost?? Does anyone have the part # for a driver's side Euro light??

If you check back on this dig through the classifieds forum.
Sorry to hear about the damage.

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
Re: look what happend this weekend when the news van slid into the C... (YeloCorado)

You will also probably need a core support (hold the lights, grill, radiator bolts to it)
Try Cambel Nelson, they usually have a decent Corrado selection and they ship parts http://www.findusedparts.com/ if you can't find it local (they aren't always the cheapest...)

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Re: look what happend this weekend when the news van slid into the C... (cramer)

cause thats enough damage to total out a corrado...

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: look what happend this weekend when the news van slid into the C... (mrkrad)

well i want to make a buck off this and i know Ill get more from there insurence then I can find the parts for. that way I can pay the paint shop a little extra to do a better job. You know how it is. thanks for helping me out so far guys.
craig.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts

DAMN THE MEIDA I bet they didn't put that on the 12' news

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Re: look what happend this weekend when the news van slid into the C... (mrkrad)

cause thats enough damage to total out a corrado...
you got to be kidding?

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Re: look what happend this weekend when the news van slid into the C... (RedDevil)

not really.
new set of headlights
new grill
new rad support
new hood
new fender
(dunno if bumper is alright)
respray all those parts and color match to rest of car
Thats about where many ins. companies will cut their losses and salvage the cars..

·
Registered
456 Posts

Thats not bad at all/If the back or the side where hit then i would see it being totaled.But it looks like it barly touched the engine.
good luck with it hope you get it back together soon http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
683 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]not really.
new set of headlights
new grill
new rad support
new hood
new fender
Thats about where many ins. companies will cut their losses and salvage the cars..
[HR][/HR]​
Keep in mind the blue blue valve for a C with average mileage would be about 3000. They don't look at what you have into it. Just a thought.

[Modified by Scorrado, 4:39 PM 11-26-2001]

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Re: look what happend this weekend when the news van slid into the C... (Scorrado)

Death to the news van (Dr. Claw voice)
What? Your neck is hurt? Oh, your back too? Hmmmm...

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Re: look what happend this weekend when the news van slid into the C... (Scorrado)

quote:[HR][/HR]not really.
new set of headlights
new grill
new rad support
new hood
new fender
Keep in mind the blue blue valve for a C with average mileage would be about 3000. They don't look at what you have into it. Just a thought.

[Modified by Scorrado, 4:39 PM 11-26-2001][HR][/HR]​
technically, blue book of a vr6 with 120k is around 8500$
and thats looks almost like minimum 5000$ in parts and labor.
mine here: http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1358105&a=13968837&f=0
was estimated at 8137$. that is not adjusted to make a buck off it, if you want i can fax or scan you the estimate.
i do have a green VR6 fender. it's just going into the body shop to get a little straightening. lemme know if i can help you on that or anything else

·
Registered
210 Posts

doesn't look good
good luck http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
here have a beer

1 - 13 of 13 Posts