VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I just bought a ForcedMotion 3" tb and I should get it end of next week.
So now I need to find a place to install it for me. There is an issue, though. I bought the system with the single 4" tip (think 20th edition) because I am going to buy a 20th edition rear valance soon, but I need to modify the stock valance (I have the cutout) so that things wont melt untill I get my new valance.
It would be great if there was a good shop that does exhausts and body work so they can take care of the whole issue for me. Thanks for the help guys. Also, how much should this run?

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Re: Lookin for a good exhuast shop in Sac/Davis area (GTI Rennfahrer)

muffler tech on madison ave or florin they do great work at a good price...but you should do this one yourself

gonna order mine from greg on 10/31. i'm down for a shop day to install these bundles of joy.

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Lookin for a good exhuast shop in Sac/Davis area (lynx8489)

I have done all my past mods myself, but I thought it costs around $30 (might be wrong here) to get an exhaust installed. It would be SOOOOO much easier with a lift.

·
Registered
7,096 Posts

I had my exhaust installed on my other MkIV GTi at a place in woodland, been back there with other cars as well, just had some custom exhaust work done on my MKIII Jetta as well.. as for the valence , id do that one yourself as I dont think that the shop would want to slice up the rear section on ya. I had an extra rear valence that i just threw in the trash that i would have gladly given away.
Id have it installed, take off the rear valence and when you get it home, do the cutting yourself.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Re: Lookin for a good exhuast shop in Sac/Davis area (veedublvr)

Marco Muffler is a great shop to look up. They have great rates and do alot of custom stuff for all the local hot-rodders. Alot of show cars represent for Marco.

·
Banned
388 Posts
Re: Lookin for a good exhuast shop in Sac/Davis area (vwvapors.com)

Quote, originally posted by vwvapors.com »
Marco Muffler is a great shop to look up. They have great rates and do alot of custom stuff for all the local hot-rodders. Alot of show cars represent for Marco.

Word ... the guy who did my exhaust on my CRX many years ago was cool. He was into the lowrider scene and did all his hydro work himself. Good work (I went to the one across from Mel Rapton on Fulton), these guys are still going strong even after all the redevelopment they are doing along Fulton. Before I went there my buddy has his custom cat-back done there as well.

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Lookin for a good exhuast shop in Sac/Davis area (oldskoolvwlover)

Thanks for all the info guys. Two more questions:
1. How much do you estimate this costing? (just the exhaust, nothing with the valance)
2. Anyone know of a DIY on rear valance removal?
TIA

·
Registered
7,096 Posts

The rear valence comes off really easy. Theres a few screws near the wheel well. then two bolts coming up from the bottom of the valence, then you basically separate the valence from the bumper, you might need to get your hand behind it to start a few of the start then just pull on the valence while holding the bumper (so you dont crack it)

·
Registered
114 Posts

Cat back exhaust will cost you 70 dollars at the most. Definitely go to Muffler Tech on Florin Road (right across from the mall). They did mine (Oettinger) for 50 bucks! The rear valence has a couple of torx screws underneath it near the trunk area, then it just pulls off. A heat gun helps it come off a little easier if it in not hot out yet.
(sorry didn't read allof the posts)

Modified by myY2Kbora at 5:43 PM 10-21-2003

·
Banned
896 Posts

Do it yourself, I did the same setup for one of the Reno crew, best fitting exaust ever, was like butter putting it on.
Charlie

·
Banned
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Lookin for a good exhuast shop in Sac/Davis area (Pinepig)

Quote, originally posted by Pinepig »
Do it yourself, I did the same setup for one of the Reno crew, best fitting exaust ever, was like butter putting it on.
Charlie

I would (and still might), but then I would have to drive home because that is where all my tools, jack/stands, and space are.

·
Registered
84 Posts

Esau knows a great shop up here in citrus near Auburn & Antelope.
good luck

1 - 16 of 16 Posts