VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My kit is in the paint shop right now, and I am gonna do the install on my own. The JMS front and rear is pretty self explanatory. I was wondering about my Oettinger sideskirts however. I am looking for some tips, tricks, instructions if possible on installing them. Thanks

·
Registered
918 Posts
Re: Lookin for body kit install info... (GTIrob01)

no but ill help rob , i just got my tail lights and i installed one side only to find out i dont have a nut gromet that can fit on the side with the monsoon, i almost cried and it was such a giant pain in the ass! grrrrr!! want to help

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Lookin for body kit install info... (dorfy)

You know what man.....I was talking tail lights with Carlos the other night, and he said he's only got 2 bolts on there anyways. It should be fine. Or else your gonna have a PITA getting that one on there.
I havent gotten my wings yet. Still deciding what I want. But I do know I want the top hatch wing, as well as the mid wing. I'm gonna be picking up my kit after work today!!!!

·
Registered
918 Posts

lol, that pos light
the monsoon amp bracket had hidden bolts that could not be reached, so i used all my mite and tugged for 5 minutes intillt the bolts snapped

then it went in snugly, looks nice, im pleased. im deciding on if i should get an exuast or wing! and im not sure on either
ps. i can help u tommorrow if u want install

[Modified by dorfy, 5:35 PM 12-6-2001]

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Got my Kamei grill on.....that was the easy part. Now I gotta do the rest. Hey, what taillights did you get? Red-clear-clear-red? I want to get those eventually.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts

I tried to to IM you but it seems youve disabled the function
Anyway, about putting on the sideskirts, you have to glue a metal strip on to the side. The side skirt clips on to the strip and then you use srews in the ends to fasten it.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Re: Lookin for body kit install info... (KEITH)

nuh uh, i got the hella smoked doo! its a black car remember, ive never seen red cl cl red on black , who knows, it makes my red t stand out

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Thanks keith......dont remember disabling my im.......wierd. I'm gonna see about getting those skirts on today.
Dorfy......ahhh ok, the smoked ones. Cool! I wanna see that sometime. You got my cell# right?

·
Registered
918 Posts

nah, what is it, i just got a new cell fone aswell, ill call u friday or sat coming up , finals this week! doh! , ive been wanting to ride in the upsolute, and hear that evo!! talk more cars too,

·
Registered
2019 VW Jetta GLI and 2019 VW R-Line Jetta
2,251 Posts

Rob, glad to see you getting your car all kitted' out!! I still think it's gonna look like crap!!!!

Did you get it done at Evan's? How is his work? It's pretty Ghetto over there, but I heard good
stuff about them.
Get at me,
Darin

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Lookin for body kit install info... (darin45)

The kit actually flows together really well! I'm very happy with how it came out. Goldcrest (ebon) did a great job with the paint. It matches perfectly. Great price too! I think you'll be surprised Darin! Next up....top hatch and mid wings!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts