VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any one have a heads up on any 16v plug wire sets?
I would prefer bosch, oe and all that, but I would like to avoid paying $130 for set.
I will however do whatever I have to for the health and longevity of my trusty steed.
hi ho silver.
-0-

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: looking for 16v plug wires (sccaITA16V)

Thanks for the link but thier best price on bosch wire sets are $190

I'll have to look around some more
-0-

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: looking for 16v plug wires (nostromomk2)

bump for stock wires. looks like most have them for $159. I guess
you do what you have to.

·
Registered
7,784 Posts
Re: looking for 16v plug wires (oh-behave)

stock wire are really expensive, i'm sure you know this by now. but if you got to buy them try the autotech,rapid parts, nology. they're all good.

·
Banned
6,427 Posts
Re: looking for 16v plug wires (quackpipe)

i got some for $170CDN($100ish USD) they were made in germany but they werent bosch.

·
Registered
594 Posts

Ditch the stock!! Go with some nice wires!! Nology uses stock OE boots for the best fit and seem to be the choice for aftermarket ignition systems. Stock wires are also too thin. I got my Nologys for about 170 directly through them. Might as well upgrade for a lil bit more.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: looking for 16v plug wires (mk2dubbin)

THat does seem to be a reasonable price for a bosch wire set. I found these prices through either the audiworld web site or the s-car.org web site, I forget which. I also found the just the terminations with no wires, new for 20 a piece. I might make my own.

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif -0-

·
Registered
431 Posts

Somehow through the years I've acquired 3 sets of 16v wires (all bosch). Any ideas on how to test them to see if their good or not, maybe with a DVOM or something? I know one of the sets was good when I took it off my Jetta to swap in some pretty red neuspeed ones. I could sell the used ones (if they're good) pretty cheap. I guess if the wires are shot, I can pick up some 8mm wire from the local auto shop an make some nice beefy wires with cleaned up used ends. Think anyone would be interested in buying a set of those? Other than that, I've found the aftermarket tuners have cheaper sets than what the Bosch go for, and they seem to last just as long.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: looking for 16v plug wires (VeeDubGuy)

I dont know about how to test wires and ends but I am sure someone will chime in about it.
I will email you about them

1 - 16 of 16 Posts