VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at putting in an Alpine Amp bridged to 750watts to power a sub. I don't have the amp or the sub yet (so technically it's all still up in the air, and any suggestion will be welcome and appreciated). So far I have looked at both the Kicker Solo Baric 12" square, and the 2 "hidden" subs from JL Audio and MTX for my 2001 Jetta.
I'm not looking to put this car into competitions or anything, but I am looking for a nice setup, that favors sound quality over sheer volume. I'm also trying to loose as little trunk space as possible.
Does anyone out there (who has WAAAY more expierence with this kind of thing than I do) have any suggestions?
Thanks!
Moose

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Re: Looking for a good Sound Quality Sub (cchristensen)

If you went with Audiomobile, go with the MASS line. What amp are we talking about here? I'm not familiar with the load ratings on the Alpine units.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Re: Looking for a good Sound Quality Sub (HyKlas)

I have 2 audiomobile MASS 10's and I love them. They have really great sq and also has the spl if you want it. They're rated at 600 watts rms, but can easily take 1000. I run both of mine off of a crossfire bmf1000d, running 500 watts to each sub, and it pounds, yet the sound quality is superb. I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Looking for a good Sound Quality Sub (HyKlas)

HyKlas,
The Alpine Amp I was looking at is the MRV-T757. I'll list the specs, but keep in mind I'm open to any other suggestions. I am looking at the Alpine amps mainly because I just bought an Alpine HU, and have been VERY happy with it.
MRV-T757 specs:
• Max Power (EIAJ) 225Wx2 (4ohm; Stereo) 750Wx1 (Bridged 4ohm

• 12V RMS Continuous Power 4ohm; Stereo (0.08% THD) 75Wx2 2ohm; Stereo (0.3% THD) 150x2 Bridged 4ohm; (0.3% THD) 300x1
• 14.4V RMS Continuous Power 4ohm; Stereo (0.08% THD) 100Wx2 2ohm; Stereo (0.3% THD) 200x2 Bridged 4ohm; (0.3% THD) 400x1
• S/N Ratio 105dBA
• Frequency Response 10-50kHz
• 24dB LP/12dB HP Crossover (30-200Hz)
•1-Band Parametric EQ
(30-200Hz)
• Subsonic Filter (15Hz)
• Fan Cooled
• Extra Large Gold Plated Terminals with Wire Insert Capability
• Top Panel Power LED
• 4 Volt Input Capability
• Continuously Adjustable Crossovers
• DC Straight, STAR Topology & Duo-B Circuitry
• DC-DC/PWM MOSFET Power Supply

To be honest with you, I just copied and pasted the specs, and I'm not even sure what many of them mean (Again, I am a real noobie with this stuff, but trying hard to understand

I'm also checking into the audiomobile subs right now....thanks for the input everyone!!!
Moose

·
Registered
36 Posts
Re: Looking for a good Sound Quality Sub (moose920)

If you are actually going to buy that amp, get an IDQ. You won't be able to power a Mass with that, as you will really only have 400W. Never look at peak power ratings, only deal with RMS to get the real scoop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.