VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a good shop that will work on my mk2 jetta with a swapped AEB 1.8t (mk3 vr6 trans) that can do some work I haven't had time for, at a reasonable price.
The one shop I've ever gone to in Queens (Bruno's VW and Audi) refuses to touch anything "modified" even though everything in my car is pretty much stock just different parts from the mk2 jetta, g60 corrado, mk3 vr6 gti, and b5 a4 1.8t...
I need some wiring work and replacing motor mounts and tie rods.
any suggestions?
I'm located in Rego Park, so something on Queens Boulevard would be ideal, but I can take the car around if there are no options close.
I've heard of Tyco? I think but don't have their contact info, and don't know if they're a good vw shop.
I've heard European Technicians are good in NJ, but thats in NJ... I would like something closer, from brooklyn to nassau even, but nj is a bit deep...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks alot everybody! Hopefully my ugly mk2 will be back on the streets soon!
and MrRed, you'll be seeing my junky 1.8t one of these thursdays

·
Registered
608 Posts
Tyrolsport is the best shop in queens IMO, some people say they are expensive.... i just say those people are broke.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this might have been the place I had heard of, do you know where it is or what the contact info is?
and how expensive is expensive anyway?

·
Registered
608 Posts
tyrolsport.com this place is legit, they do everything from welding to roadforce mounting and balancing. They make some fo the best SMICs on the market, all their cotanct info is on their website.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can attest to this, 6 years later done work with Alen, Arnold and Bennet, I was Bennet's first paying customer at his new shop!
Alen is great he really cares about his people.
Bennet is very meticulous and great at making sure the job is done.
Arnold is super talented with a welder and a CNC, and is always making beautiful kits.
All of them are great people and I recommend all of them!

·
Registered
663 Posts
I can attest to this, 6 years later done work with Alen, Arnold and Bennet, I was Bennet's first paying customer at his new shop!
Alen is great he really cares about his people.
Bennet is very meticulous and great at making sure the job is done.
Arnold is super talented with a welder and a CNC, and is always making beautiful kits.
All of them are great people and I recommend all of them!
What is the contact info for these guys? Looking for a shop or experienced person that can swap out my coilovers for newer ones.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts