VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here's my deal. I'm not sure how everyone else drives, but this is the view of the tach I have when I'm about to shift.

Obviously not the best.
So, what I am looking for is a pen tip sized shift light and put it where the arrow points.

Pen tip is the best I can explain it. It could look like a alarm light on some of the GMs.
Does anyone have anything like this???

[Modified by Bolsen, 5:20 PM 3-23-2003]

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Re: Looking for a pen sized shift light... pleaes see pict... (Bolsen)

quote:[HR][/HR]Ok, here's my deal. I'm not sure how everyone else drives, but this is the view of the tach I have when I'm about to shift.

Obviously not the best.
So, what I am looking for is a pen tip sized shift light and put it where the arrow points.

Pen tip is the best I can explain it. It could look like a alarm light on some of the GMs.
Does anyone have anything like this???
[Modified by Bolsen, 5:20 PM 3-23-2003][HR][/HR]​
http://autometer.com/hp/2003_catalog/accessories/accessories_art/5330.jpg
that would look like poop in my opinion

·
Registered
18,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Looking for a pen sized shift light... pleaes see pict... (Jman5000)

quote:[HR][/HR]Don't drive gangsta
[HR][/HR]​
LOL
Now that I look at the picts, it does, but I assure you, I don't.

·
Banned
5,977 Posts

LOL
Now that I look at the picts, it does, but I assure you, I don't.[HR][/HR]​
If you drive like that, you are driving like a gangster.
Put your other hand on the wheel.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
Re: Looking for a pen sized shift light... pleaes see pict... (Mindflux)

i have one of those shift lights from PIVOT,
they are only the size of a LED, really neat,
i'll snap some pics when i am free,u can put them about anywhere
i got the one that glows blue,

·
Registered
18,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Looking for a pen sized shift light... pleaes see pict... (Mindflux)

LOL
Now that I look at the picts, it does, but I assure you, I don't.
If you drive like that, you are driving like a gangster.
Put your other hand on the wheel.
[HR][/HR]​
Ok, now if I do that, how am I supposed to shift? Have you ever tried to shift around a turn?
Please post useful information pertaining to the question. Thanks

[Modified by Bolsen, 9:43 PM 3-23-2003]

·
Registered
2,976 Posts

Driving like that is Ok for cruising around town but if your gonna be putting your shift light to use thats the worse place to be holding your wheel.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Re: Looking for a pen sized shift light... pleaes see pict... (JediCorrado)

quote:[HR][/HR]you could find the smallest one and put it in the vent...nice and stealth
[HR][/HR]​
Thats a nice idea! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
2,938 Posts
Re: Looking for a pen sized shift light... pleaes see pict... (turbovolks)

just look were Rally car dirvers hold the wheel (no-padle shifters)
they don't put there left arm on the right of the wheel

hmm mabey this is why the A3's had the tach on the right side

anyway this is just my prefence (and yes I do shift going into/out of a corner... going realy fast)
I keep my left arm no more than in the center of the wheel... sometimes more to the left hand imbwteen the 9 and 12 posistion and on the ocation (very very rare ocation) I might be slightly to the right. (seriously though you shouldn't crank the wheel that hard with one hand.

my advice would be to setup your hold on the wheel as you go into the turn. as you aprotch your shifting point move your right hand to the shifter. keep steady contol with your left hand, and when you get a chance put your right hand back on the wheel. even if it is just for a second to reajust your left arm so that you can have proper contol threw the next corner while you shift again.
if you are realy all that concerend with cornering you won't have your left hand on the wheel only.

with that said. I like that multi LED light (prolly get one for my TDI) but if you like the pen style hows about having a stereo shop making you a fiberglass enclosure to keep the interior looking smoth... kinda moulded into the dash http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
4,734 Posts

If you're shifting going into a corner, you're most likely downshifting. And you don't need the tach for that, correct? The only time you'd really be upshifting is around an easy corner or on a straight, and at that point your left hand should DEFINITELY be on the left side of the wheel.
Anyways, I guess this really isn't about your driving style. I can't help you on the shift light thing, because I've never run into this problem.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.