VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically, I've decided to go big turbo instead of a bagged setup.

The turbo I will be settling for will be a t3t4 50 trim .63 ar. I was cojsidering a .48 but i'm at 500ft of altitude so considering lag shouldn't be as bad as per say 5500ft.

Power goals wouod be around 330hp/310tq to the crank. I'm going to forge it this winter but really want to feel if this is the platform I want to dump $$$$$$ on(hence t3t4 for the moment)

As for the manifold I will source an ebay t3 flanged one. For the downpipe i'm unsure of how i'll get the fitment right yet for the t3 flange. I've seen some for sae for 1k dp only. Was wondering if anyone had the plans to build one possibly

Tip: didn't even think about it yet. Any recommendations would be helpful

Wastegate is still in the blue so far. I would of wanted a tial 38mm. Is that a viable option or 44mm be better? Does anyone have a hood dump aswell?

For injectirs i'm thinking 440cc shouod do the trick.

I'm currently looking for a tuner aswell or someone with quite a bit of knowledge to help me out decide on parts for my setup. Turbo will be a garret that's for sure. Thanks to anyone for some info!

·
Registered
645 Posts
38mm wastegate should be fine for 330hp. I've seen 450whp setups with CTS Turbo kit Kinetics exhaust manifold which utilizes a 38mm wastegate. Or was it 39mm? Cant remember

For injectors, I would recommend 550cc, just to be safe. More headroom

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
38mm wastegate should be fine for 330hp. I've seen 450whp setups with CTS Turbo kit Kinetics exhaust manifold which utilizes a 38mm wastegate. Or was it 39mm? Cant remember

For injectors, I would recommend 550cc, just to be safe. More headroom
Good idea for injectors, didn't think 440cc would be close to maxing out either. Still trying to do quite a bit of research before sourcing it all.

For wastegate, i'm gonna go 38mm off of manifold. Wanting stainless. As far as the internal wg though. Will a block off plate for where the internal one sits be good? Or do I need to change some of the insides. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts