VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
9,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A while back someone changed there tan leather to black and i wanted to see how the dye was holding up and if they had problems with it coming off....Im thinking about doing my seats that are already black just have some wear just to hold me over for a while
Thanks
Russell

· Registered
8,055 Posts
Re: looking for an update on the leather (Boostedcorrados)

Russel, if you are just renewing finish on factory black leather, use Black Kiwi Shoe Wax (the liquid bottle with sponge applicator on the top), 2 coats, then buff, and use Meguire's #40 dress on it once a month thereafter. Works bitchin'.

· Registered
8,055 Posts
Re: looking for an update on the leather (HeadlinerG60)

ROcked this finish (Kiwi) for four years in my '87 SII16v. Loved it, and No, it did not come off on the clothes, but the key was letting it dry well, and buffing the hell out of it with good old cheapo white shop towels.

· Registered
9,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: looking for an update on the leather (bulldog2.G)

thanks man,my leathers perfect exept one hole i put there getting in the car and forgot ai had a pen in my pocket and poked a tiny hole in it....other then that it just doesnt have the deep black finish it used to.Its still soft as hell but not the best to look at and while my new seats are being recovered i figure what the hell make it look as perfect as i can

· Registered
9,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: looking for an update on the leather (HeadlinerG60)

after looking at the dye and what it did for that tan i was thinking my seats would look new again but the kiwi stuff seems to be easier to get ahold of and cheaper so i will get it and if it doesnt work like i want i will dye em rock em for a few months and sell em

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.