VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any advice for decent brake pads that wont break the bank for my lowly 2.0. I only seem to find threads about performance pads. I'm kind of broke but at the same time don't want to get cheap products as I feel its a waste. As it is, i'm using brakes that scream every time I brake. Braking near buses kind of reduces the embarrassment. So any suggestions?

·
Registered
875 Posts
you can get a set of wagner thermo quite from advance auto parts. Good stopping and low break dust. Buy on line and use coupon code A123 to get $20 off $50 and pick up in store so no shipping charges.

·
Registered
344 Posts
i have a set of mintex red box, i like em, quiet, no squeaks after ~7000 miles and the brake dust isnt terrible, little to no fade.
Are you rotors normal, cross drilled, or slotted/cross drilled?

·
Registered
435 Posts
Don't know much about brakes, but EBC pads are fairly well known and relatively inexpensive
The green EBC pads on my front make my wheels darker than looking at a factory black wheel at midnight

I'm sure is f up somewhere, don't feel like messing with it tho. Stop on a dime tho so that's a plus :thumbup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.