VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Re: Looking for good dealer in NY/NJ Area (TK NYC)

I dunno about TDI's but I just bought my jetta at Crestmont in Pompton Plains .. the prices were pretty good, the salesman kinda iffy, but the service dept is shady ... i'm not going there for service that's for sure ... east coast in englewood cliffs and trend have gotten good remarks ... here is a link to a post about northern nj dealers http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=161792
hope that helps and good luck finding the TDI

·
Registered
34,109 Posts
Re: Looking for good dealer in NY/NJ Area (TK NYC)

I've been told Trend Motors in Rockaway is a good dealership.
P.S. None of the Northern Jersey area dealerships have the TDI (I checked 2 weeks ago). They all said, VW hasn't been shipping them (they are right, only for the Northeastern area, Virginia has a lot of them, mostly automatics).

·
Registered
13,738 Posts
Re: Looking for good dealer in NY/NJ Area (wsommariva)

I used to work for World VW in Neptune and I highly recomend them. I bought my GTI there, my Dad takes his New Beetle their, and my friends parents also bought their Jetta VR there. They have good prices, and a great service department. I highly recomend them, ask for Earl, their number is 732-922-1500
Mike

·
Registered
841 Posts
Re: Looking for good dealer in NY/NJ Area (vr6dubber23)

I'm backing up the statement made by VR6Dubber23 about Crestmont . The service department is shady. My dad had some problems with our Eurovan's temp and fuel gauges. He brought it to the dealer, they said they didn't know what was causing it, at the time it was just the fuel gauge so he didn't put up a fight. When the temp gauge died, we brought it back to them. Charged us 80 bucks to tell us we needed 250? for a entirely new gauge cluster. My dad was mad but agreed, next day they called and said they made a mistake the gauge cluster costs 800?. This should have been fixed under warrantee, but wasn't. My dad ended up installing a VDO temp gauge for about 25 bucks. During the installation he found the bad ground wire that started the problem to begin with. Now we have two temp gauges and down a hundred bucks.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Re: Looking for good dealer in NY/NJ Area (GreenVW1.8T)

Yea, i regret not buying from another dealer, but the price was really good and I didn't have time to check any other places out (current car was dying) ... I posted this a while ago, but I went to get my in-dash cd player installed and the tech noted I had clear corners installed and a euroswitch ... thing is i didn't have a euroswitch, i just disabled my drls ... which i tried to explain to the fat man behind the desk (service manager i presume), but he just kept saying that it was euroswitch because the drls were disabled ... i asked him to come look for himself and he would see that it was the stock switch, but he refused ... oh well, that was my first and last trip to crestmont for service .. 3 county or trend, here i come

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.