VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for any personwho has or has knowledge of where to buy a lightend fly wheel and solid motor mounts for a mk1 rabbit with a 1.6 and a 190mm clutch.
anything??

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Re: looking for lightend flywheel and solid motor mounts. (idmini)

I don't think you will have much luck looking for a lightend 190mm flywheel. If you want to upgrade to a 210mm I think there are a few on ebay. As far as the motor mounts go, I'm using a poly front and rear mount.

·
Registered
7,051 Posts
Re: looking for lightend flywheel and solid motor mounts. (Flintstone)

You can buy new 210mm flywheels for Potterman's ( http://www.parts4vws.com )
But if you've just got to have a 190 you'll have to find a good machine shop-pick up an issue of,what's the name of that 'zine,Grassroots Motorsport,and look for a racing shop.
Also,unless this car is a track car,you might want to steer clear of solid mounts. Urethane inserts in OE mounts are harsh enough for most people.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Re: looking for lightend flywheel and solid motor mounts. (vr6swap)

I have fully poly with inserts on the side mounts... love it. full prothane kit...i think autotech sells the kit. come with all engine mounts, steering rack mounts, A arm and stress bar bushings, rear axle bushings and bumpstops as well as rear uppser strut bushings. all that in full poly for round 115.00. i love this kit. car feels uber tight. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
6,683 Posts
Re: looking for lightend flywheel and solid motor mounts. (idmini)

As others said, upgrade to 210(lightened ones are available from eurospec and others) unless you must have the smaller clutch and even then if you can get a 200mm it is lighter than the 190 already and use the lighter 190 clutch setup. IM ohiobenz, he lightens flywheels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts