VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Sorry this is a little of of the VW topic...
But I am a drummer looking to hook up with some other local musicians...I have my own gear, but do not... so far have a place to practice. (other than pissing my neighbors off and playin on those dreadful sound off pads)
I have been in bands before and I like to play aggressively, but enjoy old skool mellow jams as well. Not looking for the record deal thing, or super professional peoples, just other people that like to have a blast playing.
I have noticed that at the GTG's that I have attended either there wasnt any music, or it was people's systems, or Techno etc. so if we could get some of us local musicians together maybe we could provide some live music as part of the entertainment for all of us Vdubers.
So if you got your own gear and want to crank out some covers, favorites, and new shiz etc. Let me know and we can hook up and figure out a place to play.
Anthony

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Looking for local PDX Musicians (tobigtohandle)

Ben and my new freestyle funky fresh g-thang record is put on the shelf right now, because we arent feeling the flow, so I gots to find some musicians.
Yo, Yo, Yo, Werrrrrrrrrrrd

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
Re: Looking for local PDX Musicians (Antonius)

I used to play trumpet in the old days, haven't touched it in quite a while. Now I am fiddling around with making music on computers. Not necessarily techno/dance, but mostly laid back groove sorta instrumental stuff.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Looking for local PDX Musicians (grassfeeder)

quote:[HR][/HR]I play guitar, I'm into anything from Deftones and Nine Inch Nails to more mellow Tom Petty / Neil Young stuff....[HR][/HR]​
Cool I dig the Deftones too, very dark shiz! I am looking at maybe getting a storage unit to play in, then I can put my OEM bumpers there while I am at it!
I will let you know if I find a place that isnt too expensive so we can crank it up...

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Looking for local PDX Musicians (RENNSPORT_Passalt)

quote:[HR][/HR]then I can put my OEM bumpers there while I am at it!
Can I get a hell yeah? finally it will move from outside my house
[HR][/HR]​
Yeah I was looking forward to putting the matching front OEM bumper there as well you Wixer!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Looking for local PDX Musicians (RENNSPORT_Passalt)

quote:[HR][/HR]Well I am looking to puting them "across" the street
[HR][/HR]​
Here let me help you a bit with your spelling...
And I had better not find it in your "private landfill" or I'm calling the EPA...

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
i'd be all sorts of down to jam, but would have to work purchasing a new bass into my already thin budget...

·
Registered
14,171 Posts
Re: Looking for local PDX Musicians (Antonius)

I was just thinking the other day how much I would dig getting into a band. I don't really play anything yet, but if you are looking for a vocalist to put together a band, I'm definately in. Let me know if you guys wanna get together and jam. I'm all about the Linkin Park sound right now, but I dig all different kinds of rock.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Looking for local PDX Musicians (osiris)

Cool, so I will check out the storage unit thing (and if I do invest in a space heater!) with power that will be afordable and let you guys know what I come up with...

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Looking for local PDX Musicians (scarywoody)

quote:[HR][/HR]if you need backup dancers..i've been working on my running man http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif [HR][/HR]​
Nice...but why does that scare me?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts