VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
15,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey... i was wondering if anyone knew of a trustyworthy machine shop in S.E.C.T. that has experience with german engines (no "V8 Hot Rod" guys) I'm starting an engine rebuild and i need to get my block cleaned up checked out etc. and i need some head work done. Theres a machine shop right here in groton, but i see mostly american metal outside. Any suggestions?
/Bill

· Registered
15,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Looking for Machine Shop in CT (Teofan)

Quote, originally posted by Teofan »
I'm just down the road from you. Try TLB in Norwich next to the Ten Pin bowling alley. He has more experiance than Jesus and works on a lot of inports.

thanks. ill try giving them a call. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
15,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (RedIrishman)

Quote, originally posted by RedIrishman »
Try posting in the Tristate regional forum, might get more replies

Had a post up there for two weeks... not a single response. but, thanks for the suggestion.

· Registered
3,320 Posts
Call D & D Auto Repair in East Hartford at (860) 289-7471 and ask who they use. They're one of the best independent VW-specializing garages in Connecticut.
I've used Horsepower Engineering in Ellington ((860) 871-2020) for a couple non-VW projects, but I'm sure Steve does a great job on VW stuff as well. If you're looking for performance work, he's into that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.