VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Mom.
She currently has an '05 Murano which will come off lease in a few months. She's tired of SUVs and wants a nice car. Preferably something Euro, she hasn't had a Euro car in a while.
She likes:
Volvo S40
Saab 9-3
VW Jetta/GLI
and other similar cars (not Lexus though). All have to be automatics.
I know it's not good to shop for a payment, but it's easiest. Looking for a 36 mo., 15k mile/year, as close to $0 down as possible.
Would like to stay under $500/mo, nothing over $550.
What can she get? What has the best lease deal?

· Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Looking for midsize near-lux sedan/coupe whatever...36 mo. lease around $500/mo. (thejoyof6)

Quote, originally posted by thejoyof6 »
I will be out this sunday looking at cars, any brand or car you want me to look for?

Ah thanks man!
If you're looking for roughly the same cars just post up any good lease deals.
More importantly, experiences at these dealers.

Thanks for all of the help!

· Registered
18,206 Posts
Re: Looking for midsize near-lux sedan/coupe whatever...36 mo. lease around $500/mo. (OR99.5Speed)

Quote, originally posted by OR99.5Speed »

Ah thanks man!
If you're looking for roughly the same cars just post up any good lease deals.
More importantly, experiences at these dealers.

Thanks for all of the help!

CTS4 is going to be close i do believe.

· Registered
2,430 Posts
Re: Looking for midsize near-lux sedan/coupe whatever...36 mo. lease around $500/mo. (OR99.5Speed)

Jetta and GTI would save a lot of money for nice package with DSG compared to others.
Is she looking for
Nav?
Leather? Leatherette an option?
Heated Seats?
Sat. radio?
A certain level of performance? HP? 4,5,6,8 cylinders? Turbo?
MPG?
Rate in order of importance
Overall Model of Car (ie a base BMW 5 is better than a fully loaded 3)
Features
Price

· Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Looking for midsize near-lux sedan/coupe whatever...36 mo. lease around $500/mo. (Prop)

Quote, originally posted by Prop »
Jetta and GTI would save a lot of money for nice package with DSG compared to others.
Is she looking for
Nav?
Leather? Leatherette an option?
Heated Seats?
Sat. radio?
A certain level of performance? HP? 4,5,6,8 cylinders? Turbo?
MPG?
Rate in order of importance
Overall Model of Car (ie a base BMW 5 is better than a fully loaded 3)
Features
Price

Oddly enough, she likes base cars. She'd love TCL, she doesn't want all of that "crap". She has a stripper Murano currently but wishes it were a bit nicer.
No nav, could go either way on leather but would be fine with leatherette. She's wild over Interlagos cloth, being an artist. She's never had heated seats so she won't know what she's missing. She'd be fine with a 2.5 Jetta but I'd talk her into a 2.0T simply because of the better fuel-economy and all-around performance.. She definitely wants something that gets better mileage than her relatively frugal FWD Murano (22 MPG combined). She loves Sirius radio so that would be a major, major plus.
Has to be auto/DSG. I can't see her wanting a manual.
When we visited Deal VW she sat in a silver/black 2.5 Jetta and it didn't do it for her. I think it was a bit drab. She loved the light green/beige leather Passat 3.6 Sport in the showroom until I told her the $37k MSRP.

She didn't like Grandmother's loaner S60 Volvo but LOVED LOVED LOVED that cool unfinished wood in the '08 S40. I'm telling you, that interesting wood sells the car completely. I have a feeling she'd be okay with a 2.4 Volvo but coming out of a 245HP Murano she might want a T5. Same goes for the 2.5 Jetta.
When I was looking on vw.com at lease rates, the special deals on Jettas/GLIs were on manual models. She'd want DSG or Tip, so not sure how much that would influence the rate.
Regardless, the special deals (~$330/mo. with ~$1k at signing for 36 mo.) were well within her price range.
About the Caddy: A regular base CTS may still be out of her range. I'll look at the deals but not expecting much.

· Registered
2,430 Posts

I don't know much about the particulars, but VW is advertising
$329/Month. 36-Month Lease
2008 Passat 2.0 TFSI Turbo with Automatic Transmission
$0.00 Due at Signing
(excluding title, tax, options and dealer fees)
Figure that number will rise up a little bit though.

· Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Looking for midsize near-lux sedan/coupe whatever...36 mo. lease around $500/mo. (Prop)

Quote, originally posted by Prop »
I don't know much about the particulars, but VW is advertising
$329/Month. 36-Month Lease
2008 Passat 2.0 TFSI Turbo with Automatic Transmission
$0.00 Due at Signing
(excluding title, tax, options and dealer fees)
Figure that number will rise up a little bit though.

Yeah, I saw that and it looked like a fine deal. Although I'm sure it's the stripper model; she'd probably want one trim level higher. That's where I'm unclear on how much the monthly payment changes.

· Registered
2,430 Posts

You'd have to check. Maybe someone hear can chime in on it.
My guess, just a guess, would have the actual payments a least $100 higher with tier 1 credit.
(excluding title, tax, options and dealer fees) + say $5,000 in upgrades

· Registered
1,249 Posts

Quote, originally posted by OR99.5Speed »

Yeah, I saw that and it looked like a fine deal. Although I'm sure it's the stripper model; she'd probably want one trim level higher. That's where I'm unclear on how much the monthly payment changes.

My experience is that even the base model Passat feels very upscale. You could probably get into that 3.6 Passat for under $500. There is dealer cash out there I think.

· Registered
2,306 Posts
Re: Looking for midsize near-lux sedan/coupe whatever...36 mo. lease around $500/mo. (chippervw)

Quote, originally posted by chippervw »

My experience is that even the base model Passat feels very upscale. You could probably get into that 3.6 Passat for under $500. There is dealer cash out there I think.

I got someone into a 3.6 4Motion for $491/month
Nothing down, signTHENdrive
15k a year
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
It all depends on the dealer, as our selling price was well below MSRP

· Registered
12,062 Posts
Re: Looking for midsize near-lux sedan/coupe whatever...36 mo. lease around $500/mo. (danzig20v)

For 500 a month you could probably get her into a 3 series sedan or an A4 as well
Mike

· Registered
2,306 Posts
Re: Looking for midsize near-lux sedan/coupe whatever...36 ... ([email protected])

Quote, originally posted by [email protected] »
For 500 a month you could probably get her into a 3 series sedan or an A4 as well
Mike

sure could.
Audi's advertised A4 Lease is an awesome deal.
Yet I would much rather have a Passat than an A4 or even a 3series, I find it much more comfortable, but thats just my opinion.
Now an A6 or 5series, thats a different story

· Registered
6,669 Posts
Re: Looking for midsize near-lux sedan/coupe whatever...36 mo. lease around $500/mo. (danzig20v)

Quote, originally posted by danzig20v »

I got someone into a 3.6 4Motion for $491/month
Nothing down, signTHENdrive
15k a year
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
It all depends on the dealer, as our selling price was well below MSRP

EDIT: I'm the OP, OR99.5Speed
That's a sick deal. She'd be fine with a FWD 2.0T but loves the 3.6 interior.
She told me her lease is up in Sept. (I thought it was sooner) so hopefully the dealers will want to get rid of some cars then.

Modified by MAGICGTI at 3:27 AM 4-4-2008

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.