VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am lookimng for some details on anyone/anywhere that might be able to supply a rebuilt engine for a B7 passat I have, old engine dropped oil due to damaged sump and it needs to be either rebuilt or replaced, I thought it might be worth looking for a complete engine (possibly upgraded performance).

Another option might be to drop back to a 3.2L, seems to be a heap more out there for those original size displacement VR6 engines.

Thanks,

Brad

·
Registered
16,888 Posts
Nobody is doing performance builds. Sure you could pull the head and have it ported or extrude honed but there really isn’t much to do in the bottom end. I installed arp rod bolts as a safety margin.

You can buy 3.6 cams from kptuned.com

Your best solution is to buy a low mile forged crank long block for a $1,000 and toss it in or at least that’s how much they can be bought for here in the USA.

·
Registered
37,711 Posts
There are only a handful of "built" 3.6 and mine is still on the engine stand. In a passat there isn't much it anything I would do to the longblock.

Agreed a low mile stock motor would be best. They are relatively cheap and plentiful. I get ones that need work ~500 and good ones are 1000-1500. You will spend 2-3x that on a proper rebuild.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nobody is doing performance builds. Sure you could pull the head and have it ported or extrude honed but there really isn’t much to do in the bottom end. I installed arp rod bolts as a safety margin.

You can buy 3.6 cams from kptuned.com

Your best solution is to buy a low mile forged crank long block for a $1,000 and toss it in or at least that’s how much they can be bought for here in the USA.
thanks for the input, having trouble finding a good low klm engine or anything here in Australia.... cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are only a handful of "built" 3.6 and mine is still on the engine stand. In a passat there isn't much it anything I would do to the longblock.

Agreed a low mile stock motor would be best. They are relatively cheap and plentiful. I get ones that need work ~500 and good ones are 1000-1500. You will spend 2-3x that on a proper rebuild.
Thanks, I have seen a fair bit of blueprint kind of race engine items for the 3.2L version, fairly expensive though really... finding it hard to get hold of a good used engine or block. thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts