1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to purchase the following setup for my vehicle:
H&R Coilovers
H&R 22mm Front Swaybar
Autotech Lightweight Rear Bar (Still Questionable)
Is anybody running this setup? If so, what is your oppinion of it.
Do you think a 25mm adjustable rear bar or a 28mm fixed bar is better for this setup. I'm looking for that slight rear drive feel in the turns.
Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
8,608 Posts
Re: Looking for oppinion on this setup. (turbo02gti)

You can't go wrong with H&R coilovers, that's for sure. But I'd question using a front anti-sway bar with H&Rs. You certainly can, but I'd try just the coilovers and a mild rear bar. When you get used to that setup, disconnect the front sway bar and see if you like that. If it feels right, remove it entirely.
My $0.02!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Looking for oppinion on this setup. (Agtronic)

I know that using a front bar is undesirable in our cars but I have heard of people who didn't use one or who kept the factory bar after lowering the vehicle as much as coilovers tend to do and it was said that the car seems to twist alot in the front when accelerating out of a turn. So my thought is that if I use the smallest aftermarket bar there is it should fix the problem of twisting while in the mean time give me more of that rear wheel drive feel by using a big rear bar.
A buddy of mine is running bilstein coilovers with a 25mm front bar and a 28mm rear bar. The car handles very well, but it doesn't seem to oversteer as much as I would like. It is border line Over/Understeer if that is a word!
Thanks for your input!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts