VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
excuse the picture, but while looking up the creaking sound coming from the front end, i came across that picture, and i'm on a laptop so i didn't have access to a mouse and photoshop.

i need to know what the part number is for the front subframe bolt. it looks to be bigger than the rest of them. my gfs car is missing the head off of the front one. we have the creaking sound in it, so i'm going to replace the back ones with the non stretch bolts, i just need to know what bolt to get for the front when i go to the dealer tomorrow. thanks.

·
Vendor
6,751 Posts
excuse the picture, but while looking up the creaking sound coming from the front end, i came across that picture, and i'm on a laptop so i didn't have access to a mouse and photoshop.

i need to know what the part number is for the front subframe bolt. it looks to be bigger than the rest of them. my gfs car is missing the head off of the front one. we have the creaking sound in it, so i'm going to replace the back ones with the non stretch bolts, i just need to know what bolt to get for the front when i go to the dealer tomorrow. thanks.

http://www.deutscheautoparts.com/View/N-910-734-01/N-105-706-02/0/15740

This should be the bolt you're looking for.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey thanks a lot. that looks to be the right bolt. I was at the vw dealership today and got the bolts to replace the rear stretch bolts, and he ordered me what he said was the right bolt for the front of the sub frame, but after looking up the part number he ordered, its some random bolt for the rear suspension that has nothing to do with the front end. so oh well.. thanks again.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was looking up the bolt number to make sure, and i came across this diagram. i feel like i need #5, which is the front i assume.. and the part number refers to #6 in this diagram.

·
Vendor
6,751 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you aware of this old thread?

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4467071-If-you-re-tired-of-your-clunking-subframe......

Consensus is (or was in 2009) that the part number for the correct bolts is/was N-908-235-01.
hey yeah i did see that thread. i was more worried about the front bolt, i already purchased the audi bolts to replace the stretch bolts. i just wanted to make sure that i was getting the right bolt for the front as well, since the head of one of the front ones broke off and needs to be replaced. i will just replace them with the audi bolts i guess, along with the rest that... and hopefully we can get rid of the creak. she thought the car was going to fall apart.. i had to explain that vw messed up... and thats stupid to have to explain that to somebody.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.