VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I've just recently purchased a 93 Quattro 90 with black leather interior and it needs some parts. Specifically I need the interior lower dash/ knee bolster. I can't seem to find it anywhere, I'm thinking my only option at this point is to buy one that is closest to the correct part and just jerry rig it. But if I can get access to a knee bolster from a 93 that would be amazing. And then it's missing the door lock mechanism on the drivers door. I'm assuming the entire thing is gone because the tumbler/cylinder on the door is gone and there's no pop-up lock indicator on the door, I haven't been able to find that either, so I'm assuming that will also have to be custom fabricated by myself. If anyone would happen to have these parts or know where I could get them I would love to know, thanks.

·
Registered
532 Posts
The parts you are looking for will be the same from 88-95. The only difference will possibly be finding a driver cubby and not just the cover. The door lock parts will also be the same. I believe I have everything you are looking for, but I know the knee pad will be separating. That is a common problem on these.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, thanks for the reply, I know its been awhile since you replied but I am still looking for parts. So you say you have a door lock assembly? I did end up finding a knee bolster on ebay so I got that but I am still in need of the driver door lock. Thanks.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Hey, thanks for the reply, I know its been awhile since you replied but I am still looking for parts. So you say you have a door lock assembly? I did end up finding a knee bolster on ebay so I got that but I am still in need of the driver door lock. Thanks.
You might check with some of the older audi parts yards, they may have what you need in the dusty archives.... try [email protected] in NH.

Hope this helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts