VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look no further. FERODO STREET and FAST ROAD (DS2000) pads are now back in stock! What is the difference between the two pad compounds? The FERODO STREET compound is designed for spirited driving in all street conditions including wet. It is an application specific compound tailored to the enthusiast with daily driven needs. The FAST ROAD (DS2000) compound is a more aggressive pad with a higher coefficient of friction, but requires a slightly more initial 'heat-up' time. This compound is great for the weekend track racer that does not want to switch brakes at track time. This pad is especially usefull on heavier vehicles, ie. VR6, 2.8V6, etc.
To find out if we have the fitment for your needs, feel free to contact me.
Thank you for your time.
Joel Arca
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Re: Looking for performance brake pads? (Joel_Velocity)

What is the dust output on these two types of pads compaired to the Mintex? I'm torn between the DS2000 and the Mintex RedBox pads.
Thanks! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Looking for performance brake pads? (vw_fiend)

They are dusty. Both of the compounds. As dusty if not a little more dusty that stock, unfortunately. They do work really well, though. Sometimes, you can't get the best of both worlds!

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Re: Looking for performance brake pads? (vw_fiend)

quote:[HR][/HR] I'm torn between the DS2000 and the Mintex RedBox pads.
Thanks! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif [HR][/HR]​

this is really comparing apples to oranges. mintex 'redbox' pads are OE equivalants and not really performance pads like the Ferodos.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Re: Looking for performance brake pads? (cvovp)

This is true. I had the DS2000s on one of my A2 Jettas and really loved the performance from these pads. The harder you pushed them, the stronger they grabbed at the rotors. But as much as I would like to get another set of the Ferodos, I'm not doing as much hard driving and I don't see too much track time in my immediate future so I thought I'd look for something with less cleaning nessesary.
Guess I can't have my cake and eat it too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.