VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in the http://www.norcalvw.com but didn't have much luck.
I have a 2003 WB Jetta Reflex Silver with 6K miles on the clock. Looking to do the Getta/Jolf Swap. I have lots of tools and a big garage. Located in Hollister, CA 95023.
The car needs to be in excellent condition.
Or can anyone give me the link to the forum that specializes in this sorta activity?
Thanks a bunch!
Don

·
Registered
1,033 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Banned
791 Posts
Re: (cyberous)

I'm in Socal and am intrested in a swap. Maybe we could meet up at the Socal Norcal meet in Santa Barbara? Heres some pics of the reflex silver GTI:

I even have an extra set of headlights that I am atempting the Joey mod on. Let me know. Its an '01 GTI GLX paint code LA7W. It has some very smal stone chips you have to really look to see them. Also the lower spoiler has a tear but I can source you a new one. I work for Tuning Zubehor. IM me or call me at Work# (805)526-9577 Ask for Travis http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by Skwurlz at 8:45 AM 3-3-2004

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't understand this Joey Mold stuff. Do you have any close up photos like I posted that show details,.. not to be a jerk but I don't want to waste either of our time.
Mucho's Gracias!

·
Registered
30,716 Posts

I know someone in Morgan Hill that has an 02 golf that might be interested, she also has blacked out ecodes on her car
and its reflex silver and the car is in Gilroy http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
at a dealership (OK now I said too much lol)

·
Banned
791 Posts

Quote, originally posted by cyberous »
I don't understand this Joey Mold stuff. Do you have any close up photos like I posted that show details,.. not to be a jerk but I don't want to waste either of our time.
Mucho's Gracias!

All it involves is taking apart the headlamp, and painting the silver parts black with High temp paint. I have one apart but I haven't painted it yet. I think I am also going to add angel eyes to it using the kit thats on e-bay which uses flourescent bulbs. And the photo you posted only shows the side. I can email pics if you want. They were taken with a 5megapixel camera so you can zoom in real close. Check the link for close ups
http://www.printroom.com/ViewA...2542

Modified by Skwurlz at 8:51 AM 3-4-2004

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (Skwurlz)

If you go up a couple of posts you will see URLS that have very close pictures with the imperfections pointed out.
The link you posted doesn't work.
Cheers
D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (71sbeetle)

Nope,.. never a good qualified car (people are so abusive to their cars
),.. so Im sticking to OEM.

·
Banned
791 Posts

Dude I never even saw your car there. Nor, did I have anyone roll up and ask about a swap.
If you would have seen my car, you would have noticed that it has the only set of smoked R32 xenon look angel eye MKIV headlights on the west coast. I would have swaped them with the trade but... Whatever. Screw it I really don't care either way.
Please, don't misunderstand as I am not trying to dog on your car, but I didn't speak to anyone who wanted to swap at the show. No mentioned squat.
I did see some tool poking around my lights though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (Skwurlz)

I wasn't talking about your car,.. I've never seen your car.
I was talking about the two cars I did see(proposals to swap),..
My 1.8t is my daily driver,.. not that enthusiastic about modding it...
D

·
Registered
667 Posts

Well.... i have a 2001 GTI thats also looking for a front end swap... I'm located in Fresno CA, and my front end is not show room... it has the ocassional skufs from road rash...
if you are interested, we can work something out....
it is reflex silver also by the way

1 - 17 of 17 Posts