VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i recently purchased a 2010 MT CC so far so good but driving a car without some kind of suspension up grade is killing me its like a boat sometimes.

So I have searched high and low to gather some information on what set up would work for me.
I'm looking for something that is comfortable and allows me to go low but i don't need the car dragging on the floor either. (i live in nyc roads arent the greatest) and I was kinda up in the air about adjustable dampering.

So i kinda leaning towards Koni coilovers being that there roughly $980 bucks which isn't terrible. I read posts and it seems like most people who have them installed like the ride quality etc.

But then I saw the H&R SS Coilover Kit which seem to be the mix between koni and H&R. But i cant really find to much about this setup which runs about $1200-1250.

I guess the main question would be is the H&R worth the extra money? or are they essentially the same setup?

thanks for anyone's feedback just trying to make the best buy the first time without breaking the bank either..

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I have a friend that's slammed on konis and I took it for a spin lastnight and it was a great ride....no bounce or hopping, it felt like stock but better, I honestly forgot how low we were because the car drove soo smooth....and I think everyone that has the konis loves them as well and would agree they're awesome....I haven't read one complaint about them, and I've read through a lot on the forum....GL with whatever u choose :beer:

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks yeah I'm kinda getting the same vibe that you just said from the Koni setup. I really haven't heard anything bad. thanks for the info.. might be ordering them tonight.

·
Registered
711 Posts
thanks yeah I'm kinda getting the same vibe that you just said from the Koni setup. I really haven't heard anything bad. thanks for the info.. might be ordering them tonight.
That's my car AZ_CC is referring to, I like them but you'll hear others chime in about other coilovers

·
Vendor
39,674 Posts
The H&R SS kit we stock is currently on BO - if you are set on this kit please sign up for auto notify and you will get an email when they come back in stock. Koni colivers will be cadmium coated and H&R SS will be stainless - both will have Koni shocks and struts for the CC.

I see that you are in NY - since this car will see winters I would suggest any stainless kit for sure!

Take a look at the FK Sliverline X kit - Stainless steel / anodized aluminum, fully adjustable for ride comfort, lifetime warranty, and free shipping! All the kits you are thinking about are great just thought I would give another option.

PM me with any questions! :thumbup:

Andy

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I apprecite the info Andy i'll look into the FK's

Bthasht
I vote for the Fks mentioned above, because they go lower than the others you mentioned. Slam it or stay stock.
Yeah I was waitng for someoen to say something about slam or go home.. yeah sometimes drving in NYC slaming your car is like riding a bull to work everyday. :sly:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.