VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car wouldn't start this morning. it drove just fine last night and there as a heavy day of rain. The car turns and there seems to be fuel going in. The voltage is about 7v shouldn't it be 12 for starting voltage? I checked the ignition coil and it seems to be giving spark, the car seems to not be getting fuel, but the fuel pump I believe is working, the filter was just changed as well. I check the fuel pressure sensor and there was built up pressure but the spark plugs had no fuel on them when I checked them, any ideas?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no but because it's only 7v I'm thinking there is a short somewhere, I tested the injectors and they were giving off 7v, I think they ened 12 or so, the ignition coil seems fine but will start by replacing that since it's original and the car has 71k on it.

·
Banned
7,147 Posts
Re: (azerite)

you might have a parasitic draw, draining the battery.
injectors don't get 12v to fire they prolly get 5 or so.
charge the battery and see if it fires, just don't start throwing parts at it? was your CEL on before?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
by fuel pressure sensor i meant fuel pressure regulator, it seems that fuel isn't being delivered to the spark plugs but she give off a charge. When i try to turn the car over and then remove the pressure regulator there is built up pressure, but should there be none since it's supposed to let the fuel go in to the fuel rail?

·
Registered
26,501 Posts
Re: (Franco...)

Quote, originally posted by Franco... »
you might have a parasitic draw, draining the battery.
injectors don't get 12v to fire they prolly get 5 or so.
charge the battery and see if it fires, just don't start throwing parts at it? was your CEL on before?

FYI - They do get 12. You can test them with a test light. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Much like a noid light.
The 7 volts you are reading is the injectors cycling on and off (Asuming you are testing them with the car running) - you need to read Duty Cycle (in milliseconds)...

Modified by Dan J Reed at 3:43 AM 4-24-2006

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
took another look at the ignition coil and at the dead center there seems to be a very small hole, i mean very small but you can actually see the spark inside, I assume this is not normal then?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.