VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently got a bad leak through the sunroof of my 2003 VW Beetle and the headliner got all messed up. I'm going to redo it myself and since I'll be already all in there, I wanted to replace the drain hoses as well. Unfortunately, part # 1C0-877-201-B has been discontinued. Does anyone know of a good replacement part?

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Good question, I would think a junk yard or take the old part, to a auto parts store or hardware store, could allow you to "match up" a similar hose and be a affordable equivalent. There are some youtube videos; where people have repaired their roof drains on new beetles, golfs, jettas and used silicone, to seal leaking hoses and sometimes, the trays get broken as well. Have you disassembled the roof and found the bad parts?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, not yet. I have been watching videos on how to do it, though. It seems labor-intensive but doable... with the right parts. Looking at the part picture, it seems a regular rubber hose similar to those that you could find in a laboratory. I will follow your piece of advice and take the part to a shop and see if they can match it up. Thank you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
i used a piece of teflon (ptfe) tubing. probably not the right thing but it worked and went in easy enough. the one i had split from being clogged on the end and freezing. i took the sunroof panel and guides out, and the cowl cover, the original one was a bit tough to get out on the sunroof side but once i got it loose i stuck a vac hose coulper in the tip of it and on the end of the new one and pulled it through from the cowl, once i could see the end of the new piece i put a big glob of silicon on the end at the sunroof and pulled the glob into the hole. i waited for it to cure and reached in with a pair of surgical scissors and snipped it flush, put some silicon around the other side and cut it with a little protruding. I'll try and take some pics of it this weekend. going to take the sunroof out again to replace the seal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts