VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Just looking for the best cold air intake systems out there. And do the heatshields make a big difference? is it necessary?

Found this. Any suggestions?

http://afepower.com/shop/details_ne...W&model=GTI&year=2011&engine=2.0L&&brandID=53
All Intakes are basically the same, none is really better then another in the performance category. Quality, looks, and noise is another story. The quality of the APR intake is great as well as the look, however if you prefer the woosh sound being ricer loud you won't what the APR. BSH is one intake I really like its an open filter intake looks great sounds good and quality is real nice. The intake you posted only thing I don't like about it is you have to move the MAF.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All Intakes are basically the same, none is really better then another in the performance category. Quality, looks, and noise is another story. The quality of the APR intake is great as well as the look, however if you prefer the woosh sound being ricer loud you won't what the APR. BSH is one intake I really like its an open filter intake looks great sounds good and quality is real nice. The intake you posted only thing I don't like about it is you have to move the MAF.
Thanks, i just bought the BSH one. Doesn't look that hard to put together. Do you know of any installation guides? Tried youtube, not much help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.