VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I'm an east coast (PA, NJ) native who will be relocating to Portland before the year's end to learn, teach, and create. I've been floating around your forum for a month or so, and I'm really impressed by things like "freebies" in your general parts vocabulary...that doesn't happen very much over here. As such, I'm curious as to what other differences you might know that are in store for me. I've also been looking through Craig's list for places to live for example, and the way people describe themselves is far removed from what I'm used to. I'm just looking to get a local's perspective of the area - both auto-culturally and from a general social standpoint. Any info on what to expect form the PNW world would be appreciated.
Thanks for reading
Jamil
http://www.myspace.com/j_48

· Registered
2,314 Posts
Re: Looking to the great Northwest (G38)

Although I don't live there, Portland is a pretty cool area with some very nice neighborhoods. Best part about the PNW is that you've got the ocean, mountains and deserts all within a few hours of each other. Skiing in the winter, fishing year round, hiking, camping, Portland has the nicer race track around here. Seattle has a decent one but nothing to shout about.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.