VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, tonite as i was going through hastings street in the red light district, a cop jumped out in front of me and made me pull over. gave me a ticket for speeding (when i was going the limit). anyway, i've had just about enough of these vancouver prick cops who are just filling their damn quota or something on me. i drive a hell of a lot, so i guess im more prone to being caught (and ya, i speed a lil', but still). i dont mean to be a whiner, but im gonna lose my license for a year for all the times ive been a couple kph over. hence, im probably gonna sell my jetta, which is a real piss off for me cuz i love my car like nothing else on earth. i know i didnt have to post this and go on like a little bitch about my affairs, but im just venting.

·
Registered
14,345 Posts
Re: looks like im losing my license for a year... (Anthrax)

Wtf? Dispute the ticket and you'll have over 8 months to walk away scot free.
Do you have a ton of tickets on your record or something?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Re: looks like im losing my license for a year... (dlin15)

man, i've been there done that. if you dispute, you'll have time for your probation to run out (i assume you're on probabtion since you say you're losing you license). normally they put you on for 6 months. like deception said, if you dispute, it'll be around 8 months to get a date, and that will be a while after...if it doesn't give you enough time (they file the ticket 30 days after court if you're found guilty), you can always go to the courthouse and say that you can't make the date and ask for a postponed date. i know, it may be a little shady, but it's happened to me where i've gotten tickets for the dumbest things, and it's not fair that they take away your license just cause you got so many tickets in a short time span.
but if you were driving without a license (which is possible, due to the punishment you mentioned) then you're looking at jail time as well, and there's nothing you can do about that...

sorry dude

·
Registered
14,345 Posts
Re: looks like im losing my license for a year... (The AuDUBot)

I have a court date set for Tuesday the 4th for a ticket I got waaaay back in February.

[Modified by Deception, 3:39 AM 11-28-2001]

·
Banned
4,913 Posts
Re: looks like im losing my license for a year... (Deception)

get a lawyer. Maybe you need to lose your license for a year to appreciate the "priveledge" of driving.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Re: looks like im losing my license for a year... (john green)

quote:[HR][/HR]get a lawyer. Maybe you need to lose your license for a year to appreciate the "priveledge" of driving.[HR][/HR]​
Get a dictonary. Maybe you neeed to get a dictionary to appreciate the PRIVILEGE of spelling!!!

·
Banned
3,143 Posts
Re: looks like im losing my license for a year... (billy-vr6)

well, since u wont be driving around for a bit, maybe u could find the time to look up the correct spelling of dictionary... or maybe vortex has no spell check, and these posts arent graded for proper spelling so who cares.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Re: looks like im losing my license for a year... (Anthrax)

I'd goto court. If the cop caught you with a LASER detector, your chances of winning are very slim. If they caught you with a radar detector or you had cars next to you, you may have a chance of winning. I've won several cases in the past with radar detectors.

·
Banned
4,290 Posts
Re: looks like im losing my license for a year... (billy-vr6)

quote:[HR][/HR]Get a dictonary. Maybe you neeed to get a dictionary to appreciate the PRIVILEGE of spelling!!!
[HR][/HR]​
People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones! If you're going to flame someone for spelling you should, at a minimum, check your own spelling.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Re: looks like im losing my license for a year... (BostonMk4)

quote:[HR][/HR]Get a dictonary. Maybe you neeed to get a dictionary to appreciate the PRIVILEGE of spelling!!!

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones! If you're going to flame someone for spelling you should, at a minimum, check your own spelling.
[HR][/HR]​
Too funny...

·
Registered
556 Posts
Re: looks like im losing my license for a year... (MZMDCM99)

[HR][/HR]​
sigh .. only on the vortex ...

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Re: looks like im losing my license for a year... (vr6dubber23)

been there ... lost mine for 8months when i was 17 ..
sucks eh .. worthless cops

·
James Steed
12,133 Posts
Re: looks like im losing my license for a year... (1BadAzzVR6)

quote:[HR][/HR]been there ... lost mine for 8months when i was 17 ..
sucks eh .. worthless cops
[HR][/HR]​
Why are the cops at fault for your driving violations?
Because they caught you?

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Re: looks like im losing my license for a year... (vr6dubber23)

sigh .. only on the vortex ...

[HR][/HR]​
LMAO...you all crack me up. Thanks for the smile on this bad day I am having!

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
Re: looks like im losing my license for a year... (SL 1.8T)

quote:[HR][/HR]I'd goto court. If the cop caught you with a LASER detector, your chances of winning are very slim. [HR][/HR]​
Wrong. It's easier than you think to get off of a Laser ticket. There are a TON of technicalities you need to be aware of...

1 - 20 of 71 Posts