VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my jetta chipped for 2 years. Over the past two weeks my boost has dropped from about 19psi at full throttle to 9psi full throttle. It feels like my car is back to stock performance. I checked for leaks and repacked my DV valve and nothing changed. No lights are on and no limp mode. Any suggestions???

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Re: losing boost? Help (Alienex)

Mabye your turbo????

Chips to turn up the boost past the turbos efficency range...and well im sure after awyle it will start having some effect on the turbo

·
Registered
375 Posts
Re: losing boost? Help (Alienex)

There's no ez sure way of finding the problem, but there are cheap solutions you can try. I would guess that it's prob a hose leak somewhere because hose leaks are VERY hard to find. Change the vacuum hoses w/ silicone hoses from hosetechniqe. Clamp them in nicely too.

Good luck.
http://www.clubb5.com/forums/v...39fb9

Modified by mistertam at 5:02 PM 5-20-2004

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: losing boost? Help (jettakev2)

thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to go over every hose in the car tommorrw.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: losing boost? Help (jettakev2)

I solved my problem. About a year ago I installed my boost gauge and used a tee spliter on the line that runs from the manifold to the fuel pressure regulator. The tee was a hair to big and I had to use some force to slide the hoses over the tee..... Back to the present day looking for a vaccum leak for hours and can't find any. I decieded to make sure the hoses on the tee were on tight. I noticed at this point they were really loose. Upon further inspection I noticed the hoses were split. The reason it was so hard to notice was because the factory hoses have a braided material over the hoses. Went to the store, replaced the hoses and I HAVE MY BOOST BACK! It felt like the day I got chipped!! The End.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts