VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This just started two days ago. I have a 2001.5 AWW with a Forge and a SS BCS (with the recent fix) Anyhow I haven't made changes to the car for 7-8k miles. The other day I noticed that when I hit 5800 RPMs I lose 1.5lbs of boost and when I get to 6000 I lose another 1.5lbs of boost. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions would be very helpful.

[Modified by '01 fau ve, 1:31 AM 4-5-2002]

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Re: Loss of Boost at High RPMs - Help ( '01 fau ve)

More than likely the N75 valve is too blame....You will find that LOTS of people with this valve are having problems....
Especially on 2002 AWPs. Good Luck with a fix, Im still searching.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Re: Loss of Boost at High RPMs - Help ( '01 fau ve)

I tihink its normal for boost to be around 11 psi at redline. The stock turbo isn't efficient enough to maintain full boost to the redline.
it's common for SS BCS users, as well as all k03 chip users

·
Registered
837 Posts
Re: Loss of Boost at High RPMs - Help (spyder2)

I recent;y sarted loosing boost at high rpms too. I drop down to ~12 to 14 psi past about 45000rpm - it's by far most noticabe in 2nd gear. 3rd through 5th seem to hold between 15 and 17 strong (maybe I haven't noticed cause those gears don't see the high rpms as often and you all know how 1st is
)
sometimes i get some surging in 2nd, with the boost bouncing from 13 to 16 and then falling back down to the area of 13psi, but more often than not it just stays low.

I would definately appreciate any suggestions out there too. I know there is no real fix for the surging yet, but this is weird as it doesn't really surge - just doesn't hold boost like it used to.
thanks in advance
edit: by the way - I tried the VW updated DV valve for the 2002's - seemed to make it worse if you can belive that . . . definately didn't make it any better.
james

[Modified by jrhaze, 7:05 AM 4-5-2002]

·
Registered
341 Posts
Re: Loss of Boost at High RPMs - Help (1gti2nv)

Should we all buy the ECS race n75 valve? B/c I lost my boost at high RPMs also...
Although, i'm hoping the loss of the boost at high rpms is due to my stock dv
my hks bov should be in next week, hope that helps out

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Re: Loss of Boost at High RPMs - Help (1.8TMadness)

quote:[HR][/HR]Should we all buy the ECS race n75 valve? B/c I lost my boost at high RPMs also...
Although, i'm hoping the loss of the boost at high rpms is due to my stock dv
my hks bov should be in next week, hope that helps out
[HR][/HR]​
Really considering......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.