VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.. First time on this forum, been reading a lot of stuff on here and am getting confused. Im actually interested in doing a few things to the GTI to put a lil pep into it. Right now its stock with An AEM cold air intake..... THe engine has about 60k miles. Im interesed in puting a cat back system on it. The two companys im interested in are Magnaflow 2.5, or the one that Greddy makes... Any opinions..
Also I know that chiping a 1.8t makes a drastic differnce, what about on the Vr6. (what company might you guys suggest). Im looking for a good drop too. Maybe 1.5- 2.0. I heard that the EIbachs are good. Would love some input from you guys, I have done hours and hours of reading but no direct answers. Thanks guys!!

· Registered
8,095 Posts
Re: Love my GTI, Would love some opinions tho.. (Khan_vr6)

Chip - GIAC. Not earthshattering peak gains (12/12), but much broader power curve - makes the engine more flexible, and much more enjoyable to drive.
Exhaust - if it must be either Magnaflow, or Greddy, go with the magnaflow. Personally I would take a look at the Techtonics Tuning system (I use the dual Borla version on my passat). IMHO, nobody bends pipe better than TT, and Borla sounds great.
Suspension? What are you after ... Low or Go?

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Love my GTI, Would love some opinions tho.. (f1forkvr6)

Thanks for the post. It doesnt really matter to be about brands. Im just looking for opinions to find something good. BTW do you know what the price comparison is between the TT and the other systems i mentioned, because there is a price limit ( payen for school).. well on the suspension side. Im just looking for an agressive look... while also getting a stiffer ride on the freeway.. I want the car to hug the turns more so then it does now. Thanks agian for the comment. Hope to leeach some more info from you guys. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Banned
1,320 Posts
Re: Love my GTI, Would love some opinions tho.. (Khan_vr6)

if you jump on the mk3 fourms they say that the magnaflow is the best for mk3 VRs if you not gonna be boostin and you want a nice sound and a lil bit more power stay with the 2.5 cat back stock cat stock headers.......for your chip i think every one here will agree with me in 4 simple letters GIAC...these chip are nice they come in stages and can be upgraded thats good....with tunning simple N/A vrs i know that chips on vrs dont give nice hp gains like the 1.8t chip or even better S4 chips. maybe a good 7-11hp kisten to what f1forkvr6 say.........TT make good product aswell take a look into that....as for suspention EIbachs are wood and so are weitech....as for hight i love the dubbs slammed but makes problems bump and ****.......good luck with your tunning

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.