VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i just got back from the first run of my

Pg bottom end
aba head.

I get 40psi at startup but once the car warms up, i'm getting just barely 3psi. I have new oil pump and no oil leaks, so i'm not sure whats up.

What i did add was a turbo oil lines and oil cooler. Should i just add more oil? what can i check

Thanks
jeff

· Registered
510 Posts
Clogged oil filter? ie when the car is cold the oilfilters bypass-valve is actuated, but when it warms up the oil flows through the filter and causing lower pressure?

Did you mount the oil return line from the turbo, above the maximum oil level in the sump?

Did you mount the cooler correctly? and you need more oil than the standard amount when you have added an oil cooler.

· Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sandwich plate on top of oil filter.

The oil return line from the turbo goes to the pan.

I guess i'll need to add a bit more oil and see what it needs.

How can the oil cooler be on backwards?

· Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got new oil sensors for the head and filter hosing but after 2min of driving the oil pressure is LOW.

When i rev it in neutral i can see the oil cooler line move showing the oil going through it...but not getting the oil pressure on the warner gauge.

· Registered
2,275 Posts
Is this a new/re-built bottom end or a used one that you really know nothing about? 40psi at start-up is low to begin with unless you live where it is hot all the time. 3psi is dangerous in my opinion and should really not be driven, even if it is only that low at idle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.