VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just lowered my car last night and now the headlights are aimed low. My car is equipped with bi-xenons. Anyone have any tips on how to get them to adjust? Do I have to manually adjust them at the headlight or can I use vagcom?

TIA

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
that happen to me also i dont have zenon but there are adjusters on the headlights just pull you car in the garage and turn on the lights u can see them adjust up and just make them level light beam then drive the car and see if u like adjust to ur liking.....:D:thumbup:

·
Registered
276 Posts
just talked to my dealer about htis today, there should be a screw above the headlight assembly that when turned, adjusts the whole assembly. also i think there is a different screw that adjusts just the projector ballast, i have yet to do this, im gonna try in a little bit

·
Registered
109 Posts
Double Check Installation

No adjustments should be necessary. Take a quick look under your car on the driver side behind the front wheel. Make sure the leveling control arm for the headlights was reattached to the sensor. If not, your headlights will be stuck in the lowest position.:thumbup:

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No adjustments should be necessary. Take a quick look under your car on the driver side behind the front wheel. Make sure the leveling control arm for the headlights was reattached to the sensor. If not, your headlights will be stuck in the lowest position.:thumbup:
As far as I know the CC only has a a leveling device in the rear. I've looked all over the front after taking the wheels off and didn't find one.

·
Registered
109 Posts
This is the joint that comes apart when the suspension is removed. This picture was taken right behind my driver side front wheel with the wheel turned hard right.

Not sure if yours is in the same place or not but I am quite sure that you do have one. If so, double check that it is installed correctly as this caused my headlights to aim low. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is the joint that comes apart when the suspension is removed. This picture was taken right behind my driver side front wheel with the wheel turned hard right.

Not sure if yours is in the same place or not but I am quite sure that you do have one. If so, double check that it is installed correctly as this caused my headlights to aim low. Hope this helps.
I really appreciate you trying to help me.

I installed my new wheels today and double checked and there definately isn't one where yours is. Last night I decided to manually align them and use vagcom to re-learn the new position. They aren't aligned perfectly, but at least I can see further than 20ft. now. I'll re-align them the right way during the week when I have more time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts