VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
49,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the word is that VW only brought about 12 thousand 2009 TDI's into the US. Most of those are sedans. That makes for only a few thousand 2009 TDI Sportwagens in the country (and even less are manual, but that's for another thread). How often do you think we'll see two of these lowered and together?

a couple of these wagons actually did come together for Wuste two weekends ago. We managed to get these photos taken on the last day. The black wagon is mine.. the blue wagon is bluetapedr3w's.

we actually had a 3rd 2009 tdi wagon there.. belongs to someone else who is on here but doesn't post much... not completely sure of his username.

and a couple more rolling shots of the blue car..

and since I know people will ask.. because they always do:

the black wagon is on Stasis Streetsport coils (Koni coils).. with Hartmann "Euromesh" 3 18x8 wheels
the blue wagon is on Raceland coils.. with the factory 17" wheels.

couple more of the black wagon..

· Registered
49,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Rootrider your spot on with those coilers! Im holding off a bit longer for coils but these seem to
fit exactly to what im looking for! How's the ride?
they ride awesomely.. when I first installed them and dropped the car a little, I actually forgot the car was on coils until the car hit a bump or I tried to turn. It was incredibly smooth on normal road use.

I've since dropped the rear down all the way, and the front down so that it's roughly equal. The ride is definitely harsher, but it's still one of the best riding coils I've driven on a mk5. The rear bounces slightly on harsh bumps, but with anything else it still takes things very well.

But given that I've put over 40 thousand miles on these coils and have autocrossed & tracked the car, I think I can definitely say that they're pretty great. If I took the car to the track a little more often I'd probably go with a stiffer coilover setup, but for daily driver status with occasional track time, I'd buy these again in a heartbeat.

· Registered
49,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Edit: I imagine the blue TDI has reverse rake because there is a bunch of stuff in the boot?
he did have at least four people in the car for those rolling shots...
I know my car doesn't sag much at all with people in the car, but I'm guessing the raceland's don't respond quite as well.

· Registered
28,128 Posts
both look good. (well all three)

i like the blue or the white though... sorry joel, no more black cars for me after my GTI is gone. I just don't have the dedication to keep black clean.:(

really thought your wheels were 19's, i guess the design just makes them look a little larger... which is not really a bad thing.

now i want a tdi sportwagen! damnit. :banghead:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.