VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Agreed, it also depends what size rims/tires you have. My car i had to lower it about 3 inches in the front to come close to looking aggressive and about 2.5 in the back. Ive since lowered it more, but i would just get coilovers and play with heights until youre happy. I went with racelands because theyre cheap. They ride fine for me, when very low it does get a bit bouncy, but anything above 24" GTF rides fine.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm on H&R race springs (1.9"/1.5" front/back) and it's just high enough for me not to worry about scraping or hitting stuff 99% of the time, I wouldn't be comfortable going any lower. These are really stiff non-progressive rate springs though so that really helps with bottoming out on bumps and rough pavement (never happened yet, fingers crossed).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Race

I'm on H&R race springs (1.9"/1.5" front/back) and it's just high enough for me not to worry about scraping or hitting stuff 99% of the time, I wouldn't be comfortable going any lower. These are really stiff non-progressive rate springs though so that really helps with bottoming out on bumps and rough pavement (never happened yet, fingers crossed).
Mad Cow - how do you find riding on the Race's in Toronto? I'm having mine installed this weekend and this has been my main concern. Do you have any pictures? Thanks

·
Registered
224 Posts
It's amazing on nice roads, my biggest problem with them is I can feel every tiny pavement imperfection so the car is constantly bouncing around on most roads. I do have to watch out for potholes and in construction areas, and there are speed bumps in some plazas that I have to avoid but you get used to it.

Here's a a picture from a couple years ago, it's sitting a bit higher than it usually does because the tires are really tall.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's amazing on nice roads, my biggest problem with them is I can feel every tiny pavement imperfection so the car is constantly bouncing around on most roads. I do have to watch out for potholes and in construction areas, and there are speed bumps in some plazas that I have to avoid but you get used to it.
Thanks for the input - that's good to know. Any issues rubbing with passengers (2-3)?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Never had any rubbing issues, though you have to be really careful with people in the back since the rear tow hook could take some hits.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.