VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to lower my car on springs and was just wondering when i order what to use, when i go to neuspeed or eibach it asks for 8v or 16v it never mentions anything about 1.6L diesels? Also anyone recomend a inexpensive reliable shock to use?

· Registered
1,522 Posts
Re: Lowering my diesel? (Mk3jetta18)

Well, this kind of stuff is generally reserved for the other forums, but I'll be nice.
My advice to you is to call the place selling the parts and ask them. If I tell you what to buy, and you get the wrong crap it would be your fault, however If you call them and tell them your application and they ship you the wrong crap it would be their fault.
I hope you follow this.

· Registered
511 Posts
Re: Lowering my diesel? (Mk3jetta18)

Just make sure you call whatever place you decide to order from and let them know you have a diesel when you order so they don't send you the wrong set-up. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Good luck!
PS- I went with Eibach

· Registered
2,688 Posts
Re: Lowering my diesel? (calamitysammyjo)

I just got KW Variant 1 coils for my Jetta, took them off my friend's hands. They came off a GTI, so I'm hoping they'll work. From my post asking about it, apparently the TDI engine is only about 50 lbs. heavier than the 1.8T, not as big a difference if I thought there'd be. I'll find out in the spring if they'll work alright. My friend contacted them though, and they said if anything I'll just need new helper springs if the ones on there can't support the weight. Those aren't all that much. I don't imagine it should be too much a problem though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.