VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
287 Posts
Re: Lowering my Jetta GLi (BennyGLI)

get some FK non adjustables and Apex coils. i had that and liked the ride on my GLI ( last I capital, just like the badge

the FK and Apex rode nice and sat level. dropped it enough for me to slide my fingers between the fender and wheel top only, where as before i could put my whole fist on my tire. (4x4 like you said)
do you have front upper/lower stressbars yet? if not get some. you can make a ghetto lower one pretty easy with aluminum tube pounded down on the ends and drill a hole through. like i said ghetto, lol.

·
Banned
287 Posts
Re: Lowering my Jetta GLi (BennyGLI)

vwtub, i had the ghetto stressbar on one of my old rabbits. it worked fine! just went to home deopt and got the tubing there, easy-peasy! i only ended up switching because i found a rocco 16v bar in a yard for cheap. triangulation is where its at.

i'm looking to get a used rear stressbar for my jetta if i find one cheap. i could make one out of tubing i guess but in a jetta its not that big a deal compared to a "hot hatch" and i have other more important concerns at the moment.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.