VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo I got Eibach Pro Kit springs for my vw and I'm going to install them myself, but I was wondering if RIGHT after I install them should I get an alignment done? Or wait a week untill they've set in and then get one done. I just don't want tire wear, I can't afford new tires evrey 6 months and don't want saggy wheels lol http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
420 Posts
Re: Lowering springs on dub help (cameron4)

How much do you drive in a week and how new are your tires? I did mine and had it aligned the next day, FWIW.
While you're in there, check your LCA bushings. I didn't do mine and now I'm going to tear the whole thing down again to replace them with the required alignment afterwords...

-M

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Re: (cameron4)

yeah i didnt need an alignment after i did my springs. as long as yuo don't screw anything up you're fine.
however, if you do screw something up, drive a couple days and then get an alignment that way they have some time to settle.
-Patrick

·
Registered
21,577 Posts
ive NEVER got an alignment after doig suspension..... 5 different times.
i guess im just that good that the steering wheel is always straight when im done.
thats my 02...... my tires wear like hell because im dumped though and i have negative camber........

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: (ChadMk3)

Quote, originally posted by ChadMk3 »

thats my 02...... my tires wear like hell because im dumped though and i have negative camber........

Thats exactly what I DON'T want

·
Registered
21,577 Posts
Re: (cameron4)

Quote, originally posted by cameron4 »

Thats exactly what I DON'T want

well then you shouldnt lower it. we have a solid rear beam so its difficult(impossible) to adjust camber without a 'camber plate kit' which is really more money than its worth since you are taking the half assed route anyway with your suspension.
your stock shocks/struts will be blown in a few months... your ride will be bouncy and will need to be replaced anyway. i know from personal experience while i was saving up for coils.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.