VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking into getting a new suspension kit for my cabby and dropping it like 1- 1.5 inches. I'm still learning the ins and outs of my car, so I apologise in advance for any ignorance.

I've been eyeing some of the megan racing kits, but on their website they don't have an option for cabriolet when selecting your vehicle. The closest thing is the mk II rabbit/golf/gti. I know that 1990 is one of those in-between years for the cabriolet, and don't want to get myself a set of coilovers that don't fit quite right.

If anyone has experience putting a set of Megan's in their mk II or any advice would be much appreciated! Or any other kits that have worked well:)

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
No familiar with the suspension you are referencing but for a 1.5" drop I'd recommend this with a set of Koni struts. There's plenty of other options out there but in my opinion this is a nice upgrade for the money with daily driver abilities.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,370 Posts
If I were to spend the time/effort to change out the springs/shocks, I would swap out all the wear items. That means new and reinforced upper strut mounts, ball joints, tie rods, control arm bushings, sway bar bushings, and as cheap as arms are, I would swap those out too. What the heck, throw in some brake hoses too.

As mentioned, look for the Rabbit/Scirocco parts. Be aware that the Cabriolet is a bit heavier and will ride a bit lower than the stock Rabbit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.