VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im not that big of a suspension guru. i know a little but not a whole lot. and i want to pick up some nice pss9 coilovers, but im afraid i dont have the dinero right now.
is there a way to lower my gti with out buying new springs or anything like that. also with out cutting them?
ive heard of quick drop links. but do they work right. this is just going to be until the spring or summer time of next year.
im open to critisim but im mostly lookin for help

· Registered
3,388 Posts
Re: lowering with out springs??? (Boost Logic)

We were just discussing this in another thread. This for your mk4?
Bonrath makes lowering caps which lower ~0.5". They also make a shorter strut bushing which would lower it another ~0.5". So up front you could get a ~1" drop on stock springs. You would still need to do something about the rear though.

· Registered
686 Posts
Re: lowering with out springs??? (blackflygti)

Quote, originally posted by blackflygti »
We were just discussing this in another thread. This for your mk4?
Bonrath makes lowering caps which lower ~0.5". They also make a shorter strut bushing which would lower it another ~0.5". So up front you could get a ~1" drop on stock springs. You would still need to do something about the rear though.

Remove the rear perch maybe?
It could totally be done.

· Registered
14,231 Posts
Re: lowering with out springs??? (pilonius)

Quote, originally posted by pilonius »

Remove the rear perch maybe?
It could totally be done.

Not with the stock components, there is no perch that you can safely remove. You could, however, completely remove the springs so that you are riding on the bumpstops. Probably not a good idea since you will be well outside the operating range of the dampers. Not to mention it will ride like crap and pose a danger to yourself and others on the road.
Other than that, start piling in the bricks. You will have to get creative with the front end though...

· Registered
6,968 Posts
Re: lowering with out springs??? (abawp)

Quote, originally posted by abawp »
You could, however, completely remove the springs so that you are riding on the bumpstops. Probably not a good idea since you will be well outside the operating range of the dampers. Not to mention it will ride like crap and pose a danger to yourself and others on the road.

i was going to try that so i could win the lowest vw category at brokedown this year. i live 5 miles from the event and am willing to endanger my life and the lives of others for a set of b&g's

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.