VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have stock wheels and my 2001 1.8t wolfsburg and i bought it from a guy at my dad work. I went to try to remove the lugs and they were tight as hell, even an air gun wont work. Took my body to break some and am no small. There is something white around the top of the lug. I still cant get must of them off an one have ideas whats wrong or what the white stuff is.

·
Registered
23,355 Posts
Re: Lug Nuts (texas1.8t)

Dude, a cheater bar with a good moment force (engineering talk) on it will loosen those lug-bolts.
Give it a heave, and remember only tighten to 88 ft-lbs when you strap them bakc on.
- Erik

Modified by bluefox280 at 8:25 PM 7-19-2005

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I have ever taken them off before. Am 260 and all my body wont break the lug bolt loose.

·
Registered
27,085 Posts
Re: Lug Nuts (bluefox280)

Quote, originally posted by bluefox280 »
Dude, a cheater bar with a good moment force (engineering talk) on it will loosen those lug-bolts.
Give it a heave, and remember only tighten to 100 ft-lbs when you strap them bakc on.
- Erik

88 ft-lbs

·
Registered
27,085 Posts

Quote, originally posted by texas1.8t »
I have ever taken them off before. Am 260 and all my body wont break the lug bolt loose.

some philosopher (god damn i forgot who) once said "give me a lever long enough and i'll move the world" or something to that effect......
in other words, get a big ass pipe and jump on it!

·
Registered
31,467 Posts
Re: Lug Nuts (bigmak)

Quote, originally posted by bigmak »
some philosopher (god damn i forgot who) once said "give me a lever long enough and i'll move the world" or something to that effect......
in other words, get a big ass pipe and jump on it!

lol def get a big pipe...but don't jump on it. the suddent force could snap the head off. just get a long pipe, longer the better (ie less input from you) and gently try to break the bolts loose.

·
Registered
794 Posts

hi, i'm deepfog, and i'm bringing this thread back from the dead.
did you ever get your lug nuts off? i've been trying for a few days now, and i think i'm going to have to do the extra leverage thing but i just wanted to soak them a little longer cause i'd like to avoid breaking any nuts.
does this sound prudent?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Re: Lug Nuts (deepfog)

success.
and i pulled out 4 nails, and rotated them, and i tightened them to 88 ft. lbs.
and thinking about it, that's what i did last time, but it's been 10 months and the car's been sitting ...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.