1 - 20 of 451 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Luke WL. Golf R Build thread Project BluefinR

BlueWater Performance

Canibeat Feature

I wanted to consolidate my thread since all these epic build threads are here now so here is my humble cleaned up thread.

Huge thank you to the Guys (and girl) at Bluewater Performance I cant say enough about them.

Mods so far are
Air ride suspension (Airlift Slam XL Front struts, RE-5 rear bags with modified D-cups, V2 Control)
Rotiform 3 Piece VCE 18x9/10 et 32/38
United Motorsports Stage 3 Tune
APR HPFP
OEM LED tails
Color match side markers
APR Stage 3 kit (UM tune)
APR RSC TBE with custom Bluewater Performance DP
Euro Golf R seats

I picked up my 2012 RB 4 Door Loaded Golf R in late January. This is the first day I got her on a drive up some twisties!

Day three of ownership :(

I promised myself I would keep this car stock... but than this happened.

Than my LED's came in.

Bluewater did the air install (while still on temp tags :D )

Trunk setup before tank polishing

But the rear wasnt low enough so I cut the bump stops out of the shocks (thanks mikey dub, julius and devita)

Figured out which wheels I wanted and had them refinished at Memoryfab

Got the wheels mounted up and snapped a few shots in the local garage. I wasnt able to air all the way out because the front lips hit and the left rear hit (perfectly flush with the fender but I wanted it to tuck)

I was hitting on the front passenger side frame so I needed to go back to bluewater for a little notch action.

Notch finished (Thanks [email protected]!)

Some more shots

·
Registered
17,755 Posts
Going with XL's up front, dcups/air house 2's rear and v2 management (didn't want to deal with the elevel sensors) not everything is in but the rest is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow minus the sway at brackets.
cool. how do you think the airlifts compare to bagyards? I went bagyards but am still waiting for my rear bombers to come in

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
:thumbup:

Nice Kegerator:beer:

·
Registered
17,755 Posts
Lamfalus man you are right! I should have made it handle like a track car since 99% of my driving is on the street! What was I thinking. Should have consulted YOU on how to build MY car.
yea why didnt you consult him? major blunder on your part. now your gonna have to drive around in a ruined R :rolleyes::facepalm:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Runnng To compressors is simple, in all the air setups i have ever ran (tons) only problems i have ever had has been the fuse is sometimes not large enough or the relay needs to be upgraded.
If you need anyhelp lemme know air ride is something i have done for years now.
RE's are my favorite bag, lil more pricey but are the jam!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Here is the easy way to wire.
http://www.viaircorp.com/OnRoad/Schematics/dualc_wd.pdf
I have also used larger relays so you only have to use 1 but you need the porper one for that to work.

I always add another switch along the preasure switch power line so that if you are going to park for an extended ammount of time or get a small leak you can kill your compressors, this also allows you to hardline with 100% power so if you want to kick the compressors on with out haveing the car on its ideal.

Hope that helps a lil more lol

1 - 20 of 451 Posts