VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
found this on the mega squirt offical post.
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

and here is a link that I found about it sounds like it is just pressed on. but dialing it in exactly would be the tricky part maybe someone can group buy this item http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3516017

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Re: lupo back crank trigger sensor, hmmm how could this work with our efi (Fast929)

that's bangin!!!!!!!!
kinda sucks that its at a fairly inaccessible part of the engine, it would be a PITA if that sensor died and you had to change it.

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Re: lupo back crank trigger sensor, hmmm how could this work with our efi (bdcoombs)

it took me months...VAG has these parts "locked down" for whatever reason.... but my set of pieces are part here and part on their way!!!

It only takes 45 min to drop a tranny - and really, chances of this going "bad" are pretty slim. Only notices i found of failure was after "extreme drivetrain vibration" - probably the kind that would destroy a main bearing to the point the sensor gap changes....

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Re: lupo back crank trigger sensor, hmmm how could this work with our efi (JonnyPhenomenon)

Quote, originally posted by JonnyPhenomenon »
how much did it cost???

IM sent, but with the current low dollar value any Euro parts suck to buy

my initial finds were a mix of used an new, now i have a source for new so i'm getting a back-up set, and maybe an extra for my son's 9A GLI... who knows?

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Re: (weejunGL)

Quote, originally posted by weejunGL »
my only concern about this would be how to time this 100%.. as its just a "press" on thingy..

the ring is held in place with the orange locator so that the 2 missing teeth are located at the sensor.

pics courtesy of GintsK

Modified by OhioBenz at 9:20 AM 7-30-2008

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
maybe i should invest in this part instead of going with the 034 EFI one. which is mounted on the crank v-belt wheel .. and cound possibly be demolished by flying objects

shouln't be hard to source here in norway either. just pricy..
and, will it fit on a std 16v that is going to be turboed? could be the angle, but the dia on the hole looks a bit smaller

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Re: (weejunGL)

if you can just walk in to a dealer in Norway and pick all these pieces up....i'll be happy for you, but surprised, cos the guys in Holland & Belgium couldn't... I dont know how many parts suppliers emailed me back telling me they couldnt get them... Even the simple stuff like the mating connector plug and the pre-crimped wires!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.