VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

· Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 · (Edited)
Slipping.

The time has come. Unfortunately the stock clutch isn’t holding.

HS Tuning RSR Hybrid clutch ordered and to be installed as soon as it arrives. Car is currently at the dealer crippled.

Jeff and Patrick at HS Tuning have said a few guys have had issues with the regular RSR clutch and in almost all circumstances, they were R’s. He said they have customers with 150k miles on their cars with no issues. He did say the RSR Hybrid is their recommended clutch on the R and they have yet to break one. Stage 3+ cars included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
A before and after with the euro intake manifold cover.

· Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
HS Tuning RSR Hybrid clutch is installed. Review after some seat time.

· Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Did you receive/install your APR turbo inlet pipe yet? If so, how do you like the changes?

Also where did you get the euro intake manifold cover, how much did it cost to get to Canada-land?
The turbo inlet is installed. Honestly, I don't think I notice a difference. You certainly don't feel it.

Euro intake manifold cover came from E-acca.com but I cant comment on pricing. I ordered that and a few pieces for the wife's Alltrack at the same time. Took maybe a month to arrive. ECS sells them also but ECS shipping is insane.

· Registered
152 Posts
RE "at dealer crippled"

By your post im assuming this is at a VW dealership?

Did they agree to pay the labour to install a different clutch kit under warranty? Or did you just outright pay them for the install?

Thanks.

· Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
Ordered OEM Euro Performance Package caliper covers.

· Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·

· Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·

81 - 90 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.