VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The question is simple how do you go about this? anybody know if there is a ready made kit for it?
How much power gain do you get? What does it cost? Websites?
Thanks in advance

·
Banned
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Lysholm Supercharger on 16V KR? (Weaver)

I do as i love that sound, but what do you recommend then? i need that high pitch trafficlight sound though. and websites??

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Re: Lysholm Supercharger on 16V KR? (Mr_LSD)

i just can't stand lysholms, the noise is terrible, sounds cool at first but gets old reeeeal fast, not to mention how inefficient they are. Try an eaton conversion

·
Registered
3,564 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]i just can't stand lysholms, the noise is terrible, sounds cool at first but gets old reeeeal fast, not to mention how inefficient they are. Try an eaton conversion
[HR][/HR]​

I love that sound and I would imagine you would get used to it.
Mike

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Re: Lysholm Supercharger on 16V KR? (vedubya)

welp, me and a few of my friends down here had them on our cars and we NEVER got used to them
it sounds intimidating and all, people stare, but that's about it. Driving with it everyday, especially if you're groggy and just cruising down to the store at 3 in the morning, well, it just sucks after a while. Everyday driving it can be a little much.

·
Banned
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

i dont need it every day, as i am not home for 2 weeks at a time, i just want to get something that wipes the floor with most people because they have no clue what the sound is and where the hell the power is coming from

·
Registered
3,564 Posts

If you can do without the noise check bahn brenner's site. I have always heard great things about them (in general, not about their 16V blower). www.bahnbrenner.com the kit starts al under $2000.
Mike

·
Registered
5,548 Posts

BBM G60 Screw Compressor Kit
What we believe to be the ultimate high performance forced induction. Note: Please realize that this auxiliary mounted charger kit is loud, with full race performance intentions.
Applications:
G60 Supercharger Replacement
16V 1.8L & 2.0L with BBM UN-Limited 16V Integration Kit.

BBM Price:  $2,399.00

·
Registered
6,486 Posts

i was told lysholms are 90% efficient as compared to the 65% of a normal g-lader

quote:[HR][/HR]i just can't stand lysholms, the noise is terrible, sounds cool at first but gets old reeeeal fast, not to mention how inefficient they are. Try an eaton conversion
[HR][/HR]​

·
Registered
3,564 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]BBM Price:  $2,399.00[HR][/HR]​
my mistake, sorry
Mike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.