VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody know what is involved in this swap ive seen pics of corrados with them and it looks sweet. and where could i find the headlights, there aren't many m3s in the junk yards

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
Re: M3 headlights (G60ING)

yeah...you take the headlights and switch them. someone in the corrado forum just did them. he said he took the right light and put it on the left side etc. it saved him the time of cutting and making brackets and stuff. i cant remember who it was but it might have been renzo. (bluenrg)

·
Registered
10,176 Posts
Re: M3 headlights (G6660)

i quickly flipped mine around for a second to see how they would sit...and rather than / \ or x crosseyed...they point \ /...i rather have mine crosseyed

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Re: M3 headlights (BLUE NRG)

When I switched mine they pointed inward /\ after some mod they now face straight ahead. I have pics but no means to post them.

·
Registered
18,646 Posts
Re: M3 headlights (fluid72)

I'll host'm, send me an email.
- Jack

·
Registered
18,646 Posts
Re: M3 headlights (fluid72)

Fluid's car:

Sorry it took so long, I had a meeting. Damn job!
- Jack

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Re: M3 headlights (NeedSLCBad)

when i put mine in I will take some pics of the step by step process and charge people for them. J/K ill have to help out my corrado brothers and sisters.
later

·
Registered
10,176 Posts
Re: M3 headlights (YeloCorado)

theres a certain secret society of bmw light owners...jack has disobeyed one of the rules...now he will be punished...anyone else who goes against the stone cutters society will feel the wrath!!!!!

·
Registered
2,452 Posts

I talked to a guy at the show who installed M3 headlights in his car. You have to change the hood pins and poop like that. Supposedly its a pain in the ass, and if you dont have a blk or drk green car it looks sorta dumb, it stands out too much as not being stock. Otherwise there wicked

·
Registered
1,776 Posts

what always gets left out is a couple things. if you just bolt the bmw's in there are gaps on the sides that look like crap. the light beems also cross eachother about 10-15 ft in front of the car. to do it right you need to do a complete custom job. when it comes down to it all you end up keeping it the lens and reflector, the rest is useless....

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Re: M3 headlights (DougG60)

fluid,
those look nice..
and what year M3 did u use and what kind of mods did u have to preform tomake it work?
how much?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Re: M3 headlights (Corrado_Club)

I'm not sure what year they are, I got them off ebay for $50 bucks. I just hacked the crap out of the lights. As for the gaps, yep kinda weak, but I don't mind it on the passenger side it allows fresh cold air right onto the intake. I think it was Niels that orig did his like that. As for the drivers side I might leave it like that or figure somethig to fill it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.