0-100 kph 5.0 s 4.7 s
0-200 kph 16.0 s 16.5 s
Hockenheim 1:14.2 min 1:15.3 min
18m slalom 70.1 kph 67.4 kph
braking distance (100 kph) 34.6 m 34.6 m
fuel consumption (per 100km) 17.4 l 18.7
(curb) weight 1640 kg 1860 kg
weight front/rear 51.1% /48.9 % 56.9 % / 43.1 %

Looks like the RS5 has the M3 from a dig, but its weight starts to be a bit of a liability at higher speeds and on the track. I still prefer the RS5's looks by far though. M3s just look like regular 3's on the road to me.

review: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=399423

· Registered
59,645 Posts
I still prefer the RS5's looks by far though. M3s just look like regular 3's on the road to me.
Preference is one thing....but to say the RS5 is more drastically different from it's more anemic siblings than the M3 is to it's own more anemic siblings, is borderline asinine.

Cool comparison :thumbup:

I can't afford either of them, so it doesn't matter :laugh:

· Registered
3,542 Posts
Kudos to BMW but one thing that I really get from this comparison is that the average owner who will never push the car to its performance limits will never know the difference between how the two performs. The numbers are just too close.

· Banned
2,380 Posts
M3 0-60 in 5.0? Even the E46 M3 was quicker then that. C&D has the E92 M3 at 4.1 seconds.

This is great for BMW. When the RS4 came out it was significantly quicker then the E46 M3, not so with this generation. Great job BMW :thumbup:

· Registered
19,733 Posts

· Registered
10,842 Posts
Saw this on http://www.bimmerpost.com

0-100 kph 5.0 s 4.7 s
0-200 kph 16.0 s 16.5 s
Hockenheim 1:14.2 min 1:15.3 min
18m slalom 70.1 kph 67.4 kph
braking distance (100 kph) 34.6 m 34.6 m
fuel consumption (per 100km) 17.4 l 18.7
(curb) weight 1640 kg 1860 kg
weight front/rear 51.1% /48.9 % 56.9 % / 43.1 %

Looks like the RS5 has the M3 from a dig, but its weight starts to be a bit of a liability at higher speeds and on the track. I still prefer the RS5's looks by far though. M3s just look like regular 3's on the road to me.

review: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=399423
It would be relevant if the Audi was a track specific model as well....:rolleyes:

· Banned
35,560 Posts
It would be relevant if the Audi was a track specific model as well....:rolleyes:
Oh please. The ZCP isn't all that much of an upgrade over the regular M3. Lighter wheels, different color, some CF trim pieces. Not half the improvements over a regular M3 that the E46 ZCP had.

I think the RS5 is prettier (except mine would have the front spoiler painted body color), but the engine/tranny combo don't make sense in this size/type of vehicle. I know they didn't really have any other options that were sensible (although the V10TT would've been unreal), but something like an SC version of the regular 4.2 V8 in the S5 would've made more sense. The high strung motor in a big, burly GT-type car doesn't quite make sense to me. It comes off a bit schizophrenic.

Flip a coin and I'd take either one though, can't go wrong.

· Banned
33,650 Posts
i would buy the M3 and never look back even if the RS5 performed better.

· Registered
5,194 Posts
I'd take the RS5, but that's mostly based on design.

Here's a quick Photoshop I did for Project Anniversario, the "new Ur Quattro" that Audi is rumored to be working on.

· Registered
1,794 Posts
M3s just look like regular 3's on the road to me.
Eh, they're pretty distinguished. How do you think I feel as an E36 M3 owner!!! :D

That's kind of the point though. It's supposed to look like a regular three series. Kind of a sleeper, but bmw doesn't quite know how to build sleepers as well as others... You know somethings up with the E30, E46, and E9x.

This is how much I love bmws current designs. I would consider the audi! GASP!!! Only if their clever electronics have truly canceled out the understeer and are undetectable. If not, then nevermind.

· Registered
10,842 Posts
Oh please. The ZCP isn't all that much of an upgrade over the regular M3. Lighter wheels, different color, some CF trim pieces. Not half the improvements over a regular M3 that the E46 ZCP had.
It also has wider rims, lower springs (10 mm), and a different EDC. So yeah - I'd care if the RS5 were a more focused variant as well.:rolleyes:

Regardless, S5 or RS5 for me. They simply exude more class and a higher degree of taste. The M3 is garish and ugly in coupe form, with an exhaust note more on the side of irritating than exhilarating. I'd also take an AMG or CTS-V over the M3.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.